Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this ebay item:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220290873132

The seller says the drain plug works with the Soul 2.0 engine. What do you folks think? Does it make sense? The engine block is iron (at least with the 2.0 engine), so the metal is ferrous. I like the idea of a magnetic drain plug over magnets on the oil filter - If magnets on the filter move suddenly or get jarred in a bump, I could imagine a magnetized glop of metal shards moving out the filter and into some important engine part. At least with the drain plug everything is at the lowest point and should stay put until an oil change.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
oil filters have a bypass switch that activates when it can't filter anymore because it's too dirty.

this could save your engine if you're lazy about oil changes, or drive in sand/dust every day.

·
Registered
285 Posts
When I changed my oil/filter around 1600 miles using Royal Purple engine break in, I also used filter dot on my oil filter. 3,000 miles later (1,400 miles of average driving condition), I did another oil/filter change using 5w20 Royal purple oil.

Here are some pixs when I opened up the oil filter:

Does the magnetic filter dot that you attach at the end of the oil filter works? Who knows! LOL. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts