Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

$50 bucks, very affordable
http://www.magnetbra.com/

I've been keeping an eye on this site for a while. They finally support the soul with their magnetic bra line. The 3M clear bra is very expensive (about $700). This magnetic bra is only $50 and come in black or white. Wish they had other colors but its ten time thicker than the 3M clear film.

Pros:
cheap
easily removable
protects better than the 3 film
transfers from one vehicle to another

Cons
Only black or white
doen't protect bumper or any non metal parts

·
Registered
49 Posts
^^^^^^

Be careful with the magnetic bra... I do a sign business on the side and when ever I sell magnetic signs for cars and always warn people to keep their cars clean or dirt will get behind the magnet and scratch the paint.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I like that. Just cut around the KIA logo on the hood, it will look way better. Hopefully it won't fly off at hwy speeds.

·
Premium Member
2015 Kia Soul + / Bright Silver / 2.0L (GDI) 4-Cyl Engine 6-Speed Automatic Trans
3,014 Posts
That is cool. But I don't know. I have seen magnetic signs stick to the car and damage paint if left on to long in the sun. And where I am it's always sunny.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Wow .... I really like that ... I don't think the dirt getting under it would be an issue for me ... if it did at all ... I wash mine so much

·
Registered
921 Posts
Its worth $50 bucks for sure. At least you can remove it easier than a regular bra that has straps or tie downs on it !

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
looks really good......i actually tried using the magnetic stuff to fashion my own bonnet protector...and yes the slightest bit of dust causes scratches so i gave up.

·
Registered
176 Posts
So, I can just walk up to one of these things and peal it off?
I did find this little phrase odd on their site...

The world's only patented, theft-proof magnetic car bras

I might just buy one to see how they accomplish this, wonder if it is made from rare earth magnets.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Yeah, neat......but NO.....not gonna be "better" protection than my 3M ClearBra.

It's been a YEAR now with the 3M, and it's kept the WHOLE front of the car from anything happening to it. Wish this stuff would work on the damn WINDSCREEN it's got so many little pits and scratches on it now.

Also can't see how this would be "theft proof" unless it somehow goes up underneath the bonnet and is secured there. And in LA.....someone would just cut it up just for fun to see your face when you found it missing. I once came out and found the TAILIGHTS and front markers pulled off my '87 Civic in LA. And they didn't even break into the thing and take the Kenwood KRC-999!!

·
Registered
904 Posts
Also from the site, The trim keeps wind and water out and makes it impossible to remove the bra without opening the hood.

I did find this little phrase odd on their site...

The world's only patented, theft-proof magnetic car bras

I might just buy one to see how they accomplish this, wonder if it is made from rare earth magnets.

·
Registered
31 Posts
@POOPABLE-
I was very interested in the desciption of that bra-- is it a singular magnetic piece.
How has the magnetic bra held up over a year? Any of the paint issues or anything else poop up...er pop up?

·
Banned
1,609 Posts
To be stolen, someone would have to know it's magnetic, and I doubt anyone would check.

It's good, but like you said...no protection for the bumper.

The clear bra is good, but the price is bad.

I have the OEM bra for mine. I've used bras on my cars since the 80s and have gotten exactly ZERO scratches from them. I keep wondering about those that say they have. I don't get it. I know dozens of people that have used them for decades that never had any scratching at all from them.

I'll keep using mine, as it's serving a purpose and doing a great job of keeping the front of the car from being damaged.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Hey Jimmy, you already have the Bra on your Soul, so what about the thongs?
You can't put one without the other ;)

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
Metal bra's..... car sized thongs..... jimmy wearing a pink thong in his pink Soul....im so in the wrong country.......thank goodness....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts