Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody know if the 2011 kia soul 2.0L BETA engine has a MAF sensor? I know there is a MAP sensor on top of the manifold, but wondering about a MAF sensor in the air intake hose? I think that is where it usually is....but not all vehicles have a MAF sensor... anybody know for sure?

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
You can know for sure by looking at the hose from your air box to the throttle body and seeing if there is one there. I don't think you will find one although I don't see many of the old Souls so maybe I just don't remember

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I was just under the hood of my Beta powered Soul yesterday and I can’t remember seeing one when I checked the air filter. So without me going out to check, I’m going to say I’m 98% sure it does not have a mass airflow sensor.

Reactions: hrtandsoul

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you so much for your replies! I am going to be doing some things myself on saturday and a few things I am going to tackle are changing out the pvc valve, throttle body clean with CRC and replacing out the MAP sensor, which is located on top of the manifold, so easy fixes for me as a woman who loves my kia soul! I thought I could save time and money by doing some things myself! I can leave the complicated things for expert mechanics, although, you never know, I might decide to tackle some other things that arise, if any. ;)

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Thank you so much for your replies! I am going to be doing some things myself on saturday and a few things I am going to tackle are changing out the pvc valve, throttle body clean with CRC and replacing out the MAP sensor, which is located on top of the manifold, so easy fixes for me as a woman who loves my kia soul! I thought I could save time and money by doing some things myself! I can leave the complicated things for expert mechanics, although, you never know, I might decide to tackle some other things that arise, if any. ;)
Are you having some trouble with how your Soul is running? If you do need a new MAP sensor, don’t buy a cheap-o part because often, especially lately, they’re junk right out of the box. I always suggest using high quality parts or better yet, OE parts from the dealer when replacing electrical parts like sensors.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have an idle issue, but it appears to have smoothed out since putting in new plugs and wires (NGK) ..... I am not sure if I am going to do the MAP sensor just yet. But if I do, I will def. get a quality one, like you mentioned. As for the pvc valve, that is oem replacement. ;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NEW UPDATE! so, after carefully monitoring this idle issue that I have had, I have found out that I have a SURGE when the coolant fan kicks on, that lasts for about 15-25 seconds. This happens only at idle or park, so it appears to be something wrong with the cooling fan, be it the motor, relay, sensor or a connection module....the fan is causing the surge issue. I do feel a constant vibration through the steering wheel while driving and at idle, even when the fan is not kicking on and am thinking that it may be related to the fan issue of some sort but I am really not sure. Car does NOT overheat at all! RPMS are normal. So frustrating to be chasing this issue but I do need a resolve before it becomes 5 more problems. (sigh)

·
Registered
38 Posts
does anybody know if the 2011 kia soul 2.0L BETA engine has a MAF sensor? I know there is a MAP sensor on top of the manifold, but wondering about a MAF sensor in the air intake hose? I think that is where it usually is....but not all vehicles have a MAF sensor... anybody know for sure?
No map sensor, but I would recommend checking the IAC sensor. It is used to help the engine idle. Its basically a cylinder that has a metal door that opens and closes a port. On my car i replaced it because it had become dirty and wasn't moving properly. Its pretty cheap and very easy to replace. Its on top of the intake has 2 bolts and one connector.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts