Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a kia soul recently and when I started transfering my trunk stuff to my new car, I realized that there was no cargo floor cover! Then I realized it was base model and it didn't come with anything so I made my own little jenky floor cover.

I bought the wood at Lowe's for like $15 bucks. Carpet glue for $10 and the carpet mat for another $12.

I couldn't measure out exact shape of the edges because of its shape. So I had to cut away the shape on a cardboard until it fit and I traced it and cut the shape out of the wood. It took about 2hrs.

IMG_0273.jpg IMG_0274.jpg IMG_0276.jpg IMG_0277.jpg IMG_0278.jpg

It works okay. It has to be a tight fit or it'll move around a bit. Also I think i'm gonna glue cloth on the outside edges so it doesn't rub wood against the
plastic interior.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
where's "over yonder" and what's the Soul you have?;)

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Great job! Our 2011 Canadian spec 4U came with the factory cover, but a few months ago the pull cord broke. I replaced it with a simple black plastic drawer-pull similar to this.............

It's much easier on the fingers than the cord and sits below the grey plastic trim level around the tailgate latch, so it's out of the way.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Welcome! Awesome job. Always great to see people take pride in their work and do a quality job. Hard to come by these days sadly.

Just curious, did you use carpeting that has the quasi-rubberized backing (the indoor/outdoor stuff) so that it's waterproof to protect the wood?

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,100 Posts
Great job! Nothing like doing things for yourself...

Welcome to the forums! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts