Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
7,940 Posts
Ouch!!!!!! :eek:

·
Super Moderator
9,510 Posts
Ouch!!!!!! :eek:
After paying for those, it does not do much good since your wallet is now so light that the car rises from lack of weight. Ouch is right. Last time I bought anything like this (it has been quite a few years ago), they were like 15 bucks a wheel.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
I lowered my 2010 Soul with Eibach springs. It only lowers 1.5inches or so. I have had no problem and I even have a body kit that makes it slightly lower. I worried about the snow but no problem. It does handle differently and not too rough. I love it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Eibach only made the pro kit not thr sportsline for the souls right? Cuz the sportsline would be lower.. my problem is I want to stance it.. and I dont want to cut the springs.. :/ and unique performance doesnt know if the hsd coilovers will be compatible with the 2nd gen soul

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
7,940 Posts
Just realized you're from garland. I grew up in ricbardson now in carrollton. Lol we should get a north texas soul meet going unless there is one already lol
I would be up for that! Put up a new post suggesting that and see what kind of responses you get! :)

85 Posts
2mql07r.jpg
here an OFF-Road Edition... someone came up with...!!
would be Great if they out fitted with the Sportage 4x4 system
Maybe it's my age, but . . .
I GET that lowering a car makes it LOOK 'Cool', but I fail to see how it would enhance Handling. :confused:
Skimming along just a couple of inches off the road might be fine on glass-smooth roads, but dips, bumps and ridges (aka, Real World Road Conditions) have GOT to cause issues. :think
Now, if it was ME -- I would understand wanting to RAISE the Soul a couple of inches -- and make it even easier to get into and out of! :laughonfloor

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Everyone I am new to the group I have been going through all the past threads looking for answers to: Does anyone know what is a good set of lowing springs and what would be a good set of struts/rear shocks that would match well with the lowering springs. I have a 2010 Kia Soul 2.0L Thank You for all your Help everyone.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Gotta chime in--put Eibach springs on my 2012 soul+ on saturday--also put new kyb shocks in the rear and an ssd muffler. My soul runs goodyear triple tread directional tires, 16" 215-60. The springs and shocks lowered the car about 1.25" after about 100 miles--might go down a little more after break in--the car and tires look totally awesome--I think I have the perfect soul. The handling was improved to the point that I dont have to brake anymore to go around curves--the ride was not compromised--it now handles bumps and rough roads better than ever--I have a bad back and was hesitating changing the springs because I thought I might get a rough ride--completely the opposite--handles like a sports car--very impressive. did it all in about 3 hours in my garage with a lift. The SSD muffler makes it sound like a porshe on the outside but the drone on the inside is borderline unacceptable--I am going to get some fat mat rattle trap insulation and try it on the spare tire carrier and wherever else I can put it to quiet the inside down. I highly suggest the Eibach springs--got mine from tire rack--about $200.00--picked up the shocks locally--I am going to throw a winter coat of wax on it saturday and will try and take some fresh pictures. The springs with my tire size are the perfect match--hope this helps someone--tim

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ive got storm springs from kdmholic and they definitely helped with handling and almost got to the ride height I wanted. Very comfortable ride, much less body roll compared to stock. And I can corner like a beast. Trying to find its limits on a particular onramp on my ride home, havent found it yet, have hit it at up to 45mph and it just takes it. Think I will find my limit first. ?

21 - 35 of 35 Posts