Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Soul with 3 pedals
9 Posts
I was wondering if the coilovers for the Veloster would work. I am leaning towards "not" but really hoping for the possibility.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I was wondering if the coilovers for the Veloster would work. I am leaning towards "not" but really hoping for the possibility.
Would be nice if they did,would really like to see something adjustable to corner balance the car.
It is quite the feeling when you brake hard at speed in a corner,and the ass end unweights like it does.There is not enough stability programming in the world to countermand that!
Would love to be able to carry more speed in a corner to make up for the delay,and lack of power these car have coming out of a corner.

·
Registered
2020 Soul with 3 pedals
9 Posts
Would be nice if they did,would really like to see something adjustable to corner balance the car.
It is quite the feeling when you brake hard at speed in a corner,and the ass end unweights like it does.There is not enough stability programming in the world to countermand that!
Would love to be able to carry more speed in a corner to make up for the delay,and lack of power these car have coming out of a corner.
Could be while before the aftermarket releases them specifically for the 3rd gen, just like the 1st and 2nd. I'll look into the diagram of both the Veloster and the Forte just to see the compatibility, or just wait. Will be keeping my eye on KDM tuner in the meantime. Would just love the feel of corners on a stiffer setting closer to the road

·
Registered
431 Posts
I'm going to bet that the upper and lower mounts for the struts are identical- whether or not the length is close enough to work is another matter, plus the spring rates and damping... I'm going to do some digging on upper mounts anyway for lift spacers, so I'll try to see if Veloster stuff matches up. It might take a trip to the dealer and some measuring tools. ;)
As long as you can adjust the spring preload you can corner balance. Adjustable length AND adjustable preload if you want to corner balance and get the wheel gaps perfect at the same time. As far as the rear unweighting when you brake in a corner, that's more a function of the twist beam suspension geometry and squishy springs/shocks, not corner weights for this car. If you're really hustling the car, you shouldn't be braking mid-corner anyway. ;)

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I watch a lot of car shows, and the term "slam it to the ground" comes to mind.
That's fine for a show car, that never sees a railroad track or a dirt road, but that definitely won't work out here in the country.

I had a friend with a Suzuki SX4, that he lowered. Then he had a problem where the car had to go back to the dealer, and it was so low the dealer's mechanics couldn't get the car on the lift. He wound up having to take the car to a shop where they had another way to lift it. He also had to pay for that service, that would have been FREE under warranty at his Suzuki dealer.

If I were ever going to change the stance of my Soul, I would lift it, not lower it. (maybe, about an inch)
Because, she drags her belly on some of these sand roads, and I really hate that sound. Scrape! Scrape! Scrape!
I won't even take her down some of the roads where I know there are rocks sticking up 3-4".

Cheers Mates!
FLH :cool:

21 - 25 of 25 Posts