Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have yet to purchase my Soul but I am going to test drive one tomorrow.
My question is... being a former Scion xb driver I must have been spoiled with accessories.
I cant find ANY place in the states to buy accessories like turbo charger kits.... lowering kits....body kits....
As a matter of fact I've been searching for days now to find this stuff on ebay and google and the first mention of accessories like this I have read briefly on this forum. It seems like the other countries like Canada have tons more stuff than we do for these awesome cars.
Can someone point me in the direction of a lowering kit? If im buying this car its got to be slammed ASAP.
THANKS!!!!
Corey

Attachments

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
KIA USA will be releasing several mod items over the next few months...someone has posted a thread with pic of the accessories manuals. There are other postings on mods currently available from aftermarket suppliers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just spoke with my local dealer and luckily enough he's got the one in stock that I want. He also said the list of accessories is to be ordered and then put on the cars rather than ordering them from the factory with them already installed.
Does this sound right? Seems like you would be putting out for some major install fee's on top of the parts price.
Corey

·
Registered
41 Posts
im right with you, i need to be flush soon, gonna go with some 17x7s in the front 17x9s in the back and need a drop with it, i think eibach will be the first to drop springs on the market, hopefully it will be soon

·
Registered
117 Posts
im right with you, i need to be flush soon, gonna go with some 17x7s in the front 17x9s in the back and need a drop with it, i think eibach will be the first to drop springs on the market, hopefully it will be soon
I'm all for the flushness. Did you measure to see that those sizes would make it flush out? I'm getting 18x7.5's all the way around. Then I plan on putting spacers in the rear, but dang, a 1.5" spacer? I would like to know how to properly flush out the wheels to the wells.

·
Registered
180 Posts
That is the size wheel I went with , My wife took the car today when she gets home I will measure for you . But for what I remmber It was flush enough for me because Im planning on lowering it and the wheel store said that was perfect. He had said something about spacers before the rims came in but once they were on he said no way.

·
Registered
41 Posts
im kind of winging it on the wheels, lol. there just isnt enough info on these cars! im gonna pull off one of my wheels probably today and check the offset on them, i found out that the plus wheels are 6.5 inches wide

but i maybe changing my sizing once i get some more measures,

·
Registered
180 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
For lowering springs I would probably wait until Kia offers it in Q3 and buy/install it thru Kia. That way there would be no possibility of any warranty issues.

If you buy springs aftermarket and then something goes wrong with your suspension I could see Kia refusing to cover that under warranty.

On the other hand I notice Korean Imports is now selling the alloy fuel door I've been wanting. I will probably jump on that!

·
Registered
838 Posts
hey cory!

Hey guys, I have yet to purchase my Soul but I am going to test drive one tomorrow.
My question is... being a former Scion xb driver I must have been spoiled with accessories.
I cant find ANY place in the states to buy accessories like turbo charger kits.... lowering kits....body kits....
As a matter of fact I've been searching for days now to find this stuff on ebay and google and the first mention of accessories like this I have read briefly on this forum. It seems like the other countries like Canada have tons more stuff than we do for these awesome cars.
Can someone point me in the direction of a lowering kit? If im buying this car its got to be slammed ASAP.
THANKS!!!!
Corey
I"m with you bro! I have a '08 xB and thats the first thing I did! I went with the TRD springs, TRD sway bar, TRD front strut brace. I have 235/40-18s on it and this mofo pulls hard slideways! yeah!

go here to check out my bB.....

Http://www.cardomain.com/id/sicbox

no disco crap here, this xB throwns down the Death Metal!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Good news for those of you in this thread...
H&R now has the lowered springs for the soul!
I owe a set for my chevy aveo... love them. Progressive rate, smooth on flat land, aggresive in the twisties...
And, they are made in Germany.

http://hrsprings.com/scripts/appguide.php?Mode=Make+Guide&SubMode=Find3&MakeID=18
I saw those when I was looking for body kits and stumbled upon the Tomato A&P European site. The price is much different there though... and it includes 19% euro tax that shouldn't be charged when sold outside of EU.
Kris

1 - 15 of 15 Posts