Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
I also am interested in lifting the sould, I want some more ground clearance.... if lowering kit is just springs and shocks, i would figure someone will make a lift kit with springs and shocks as well...

has anyone seen any lift kits? :)
Best bet would be from any tuners running this or a similar Kia platform in the SCCA Pro Rally series or the European or Asian Rally Series. I did a search a while back and didn't find any, but I really don't know what other Kia platforms are shared with the Soul.

there will never be a lift kit for these on the market, bfg all terrains makes a 235/65/16 i think, i thought about putting those on to see if they fit, with a roof rack it would look pretty rugged lol
I run 235/85/16 BFG M/Ts on my Land Rover and it wouldn't be a pretty sight on a Soul. The increased unsprung mass of a tire that large would probably want to rip it right off the car with the first bump you hit ... that's even if you could squeeze the tire on the Soul's rim and cram it under the fenders. The last time I rotated the BFGs I leaned one of the mounted tires against the Soul's wheel opening and I couldn't even see Soul's wheel opening behind the larger tire. 31" overall diameter vs. a 25" overall diameter ... I don't think so :eek:

·
Registered
842 Posts
there just isnt a lowering kit thats low enough, or adjustable yet.

as for lifting, you could probably make it look like a desert rally truck but you'll never fit 31s under there without alot of cutting. just get some lower offset wheels like 34 or 32 so theres a bit of poke, throw some spacers in the springs to see what it'll look like and if its good, approach a manufacturer

·
Registered
41 Posts
im not sure if the tire size i posted is what i looked at, but i had the tires down and next to the car and it would fit, atleast better than you all are implying lol

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
H&R only offers the Sport Springs for the Soul. I wish they had the Super Sports!!! After putting my wheels and tires on I wish I could go down about another 1/2 inch or so.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Great idea, but.....

.....this thread sucks! :eek: Well, at least so far it does. :rolleyes: It's called "lowered pics", but there is only a whopping 1 pic, and it's a close up. Where are more pictures? You know, of farther back so we can see the overall effect. 1 close up does nothing to show us what it looks like. So far this thread is just a big tease. :(

21 - 31 of 31 Posts