Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Wanted to take more with the car clean ,but it's going toi start raining here any minute.I'll get some more shots this weekend after a good bath!!
Front went from 27 3/8 to 25 3/4 at the top of the wheel well.
Rear went from 27 7/8 to 26 3/4 at the top of the wheel well.
This was after we lowered it/I'm sure it settled some more on my rider home.I will get some updated measurements this weekend too.
The back is a lil higher then the front ,but will not be after the new system goes in.I don't think the 20"s are going to fit.I think I'm going to go with 19's or 18's

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not softer.About the same in the ride comfort it just seems to ride and turn better.Less lean.Didn't bottom out or rub on anything and I was looking for bumps on my home!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Man That Looks Great!!!!!!!!!!

I have always had low cars too, Just something about being lower than the family cruiser in the next lane....

Here is my other ride with the 10 Ball.

Good job on the lowering, Slammmmmmmmed!

·
Registered
838 Posts
yeup, I agree with 10ball, I too have always lowered my cars. My 08 xB is lowered with factory toyota TRD springs so, no warranty issues ;). Saff is still undecided about the lowering, she still has to see some out there before she decides.

Hey slammed, make sure you get a 3/4 rear view, that one makes the best shot to show your new stance.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No rubbing at all.I did ful lock u turns with nothing and I was aiming for bumps and never rubbed at all.Not like some of my others!!

·
Banned
587 Posts
i wonder if anyone has experimented with raising the vehicle rather than lowering it - in those situations where adequate road clearance is more important than appearance ?

·
Registered
41 Posts
i wonder if anyone has experimented with raising the vehicle rather than lowering it - in those situations where adequate road clearance is more important than appearance ?
I also am interested in lifting the sould, I want some more ground clearance.... if lowering kit is just springs and shocks, i would figure someone will make a lift kit with springs and shocks as well...

has anyone seen any lift kits? :)

·
Banned
587 Posts
I also am interested in lifting the sould, I want some more ground clearance.... if lowering kit is just springs and shocks, i would figure someone will make a lift kit with springs and shocks as well...

has anyone seen any lift kits? :)
i wonder where one could find out the maximum size tire that can be mounted without causing rubbing problems ? the "trial and error" approach could be very expensive -

·
Registered
41 Posts
there will never be a lift kit for these on the market, bfg all terrains makes a 235/65/16 i think, i thought about putting those on to see if they fit, with a roof rack it would look pretty rugged lol

1 - 20 of 31 Posts