Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so there have been an increase of commercials telling people of the mpg savings given by these low rolling resistant tires as of late. my questions are these; Question #1...has anyone bought these tires to offset their dislike for the mpg on the Soul(there seem to be alot of complaints on here about the mpg)? Question #2...can tires actually help in the mpg game for any car? Question #3...are these tires lower in overall weight, therefor making them easier to wear down?

Cggaratty.

·
Banned
587 Posts
don't know if the tires advertised will live up to the claims - but, rolling resistance is definitely a real thing - just ask railroad track inspectors about the pickup trucks fitted with steel wheels for tooling down the tracks - steel on steel results in virtually zero rolling resistance and those pickups get fantastic mileage -

·
Registered
188 Posts
There are the real thing but you sacrifice grip and overall handling, so it a trade-off or a balancing act. Depends what you want.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks to all for throwing in their two cents...i found it very helpful. i am in no way looking for tires as of yet for the Soul, just wanted to see if someone knew more than i did on the subject. great article in the Transport Canada site. thanks for the help all. anything further would be cool.

Cggaratty.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I know some tires can def kill mileage, especially some of the higher traction ones like a set of dunlops i used to have they killed about 3 mpg on my old Chrysler.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts