Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
That sounds pretty normal since they both are on at the same time and they both have the same life expectancy.

It's a good idea to replace them in pairs for this reason.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
That can be attributed to 'Bad Luck'.
Or bad grounding.....

But for myself I can say that I've driven over 250,000 miles since 2000 and I've not replaced even one headlight bulb.

Now, I did swap out my high beam bulbs with Sylvania Silver Star Ultra bulbs, right after I got my 2013 Soul. They just doubled the distance I can see at night. This is the third car where I've used the Sylvania bulbs, with never a failure.

Good Luck!

:cool:

·
Registered
458 Posts
Or bad grounding.....

But for myself I can say that I've driven over 250,000 miles since 2000 and I've not replaced even one headlight bulb.

Now, I did swap out my high beam bulbs with Sylvania Silver Star Ultra bulbs, right after I got my 2013 Soul. They just doubled the distance I can see at night. This is the third car where I've used the Sylvania bulbs, with never a failure.

Good Luck!

I'm having a hard time getting the OEM bulbs out.. did you take out the entire headlight assembly? Or were you able to go in at the weird angle and rotate the bulb out? I'm on the verge of researching if pliers with a 90 degree bend exist so I can get these suckers out

·
Registered
992 Posts
Or bad grounding.....

Good Luck!

So you're the one blinding me early in the morning when coming around the corner???!!!

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
So you're the one blinding me early in the morning when coming around the corner???!!!
Two reasons that it's NOT me!
1. I'm never out that early, and...
2. if I see someone coming toward me, I always dim my lights.

So I guess you're going to have to throw that blame somewhere else. Eh?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts