Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of times in the last week I've had other drivers protest at being "painted" with my low beams. The first was in a Mini who I pulled up behind at at a red light. It was clear that my low beams, shining in her driver side outside mirror, kinda blinded the poor dear. An angry look was observed in said mirror by me. A couple of days later an oncoming vehicle flashed their brights in what I assumed to have been a signal that my brights were on. They were not. So friends, I am wondering if this is just a case of the height of the lights on the Soul or if my lights somehow are out of alignment. To be sure, when driving up my dark hill at night, the low beams seem perfectly normal. Then again, maybe the Mini driver just got dumped by her significant other and maybe the other driver was practicing Morse code.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I'm assuming your light are just aimed a little too high. Park on a flat level surface about 25' from a wall (like a garage). Measure from the ground to your headlight bulb, should be around 35". You want 2 inches of fall per 25' so go to the wall and measure where your cutoff is, it should be around 33". That's the simplest way to aim your lights!

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
I wouldn't read much into it if its only a couple of times.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts