Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D Hey guys, I just wanted to say hi, and announce our joyous new ownership of a 2013 KIA Soul 4u!

:confused: I have one silly question to ask of everyone who cares to answer, and that is this: what does everyone refer to their Soul as? I can't quite call it a car, and it's definitely not a truck. Station wagon just doesn't sit well with me either. My husband calls it "the van", but that just pees me off as it's not a van either! I've been calling it "the vehicle" or the KIA, or the Soul. Please let me know, and I'll start referring to our new baby by the answer that's most popular.... even if I don't agree with it ;)

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,156 Posts
welcome to the forum I also have the 4u model too. My daughter lives in Medicine Hat and we used to live in Lethbridge for 12 years.

According to the code in the VIN number (KND) Kia class it as a wagon 4x2, I would classify it as a MPV (Multi-purpose vehicle), which is the common term used on this and many similar vehicles in Europe, seems the best description to me. ;)

J.D. Powers refers to it as a compact MPV as it got the highest rating in that segment for APEAL study (Automotive Peformance, Execution and Layout)

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,070 Posts
Howdy and welcome! :)

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Welcome from Toronto.

Definitely an MPV...........Marvelously Practical Vehicle :cool:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Welcome from Texas! Give your Soul a name. Most of us do. Search "Soul name" and you'll find several threads on the topic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts