Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Done...and done

But I'll hafta check that link anyway just for fun.....Maybe I'll pick up a "better" touch screen that has less "annoying" in the touch department.

I replaced the USB touch input with a "Cool cat" style external touchpad I have mounted right on front of the armrest console. It WAS just temporary, but actually works MUCH better than the finicky touch screen. The touch screen I am currently using HATES the cold mornings....and San Diego doesn't even have REAL cold. The pointer would "wander" and start doing this random clicks allover the screen until the car was near 70f inside.

·
Registered
185 Posts
But you wouldn't be able to read the temperature anymore though right? That's why I don't want to change out factory HU.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Not important in San Diego :p

If I really wanted the outside temp, I could pick up a thermometer at PepBoys and put the remote sensor up in the bumper cover where the original one is. Not important enough for me to want something else stuck on the dash.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Not important in San Diego :p

If I really wanted the outside temp, I could pick up a thermometer at PepBoys and put the remote sensor up in the bumper cover where the original one is. Not important enough for me to want something else stuck on the dash.
Great point, to be honest, I think putting the temperature on the radio display was a bad idea.

Toyota always puts their thermometer on the odometer/mileage gauge.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have yet to understand the need for a temp readout in the car. The walk from the house to the car is all I need to know it's cold, windy, rainy, snowy, armaggedony or whatever. I don't pay much attention to the TV weather guy either, but you probably guessed that already.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts