Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has already lost her keys, our Soul came with a 2m security package were you swipe the small plastic card under the dash to deactivate a starter kill
we had 2 swipe cards now only one if anyone knows how to reset this device so I can reprogram it for just the one card that I still have, this way for at least a while I don't have to worry about the car be stolen with the keys, I know if you hold the card under dash for 5 beeps it disables the system and puts it in a valet mode and I am sure its just a combo of key on key off swipe for 3 beeps key on etc ... thanks BrinKy

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sounds like an RFID device, which if that is the case the system doesn't know how many cards you have as all cards for that device should be sending out identical signals.

You will either need to disable it all together or buy a new card (you should have a code or ID number to provide to the mfgr), or share the key.

Or, if you are as savvy as a diligent thief, you can copy the signal off of your tag and replicate it :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts