Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

81 - 100 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
[QUOTE="Darlene Michalsky, post: 1286504, member: 13899

[/QUOTE]
Hi ...I’m from Canada I have been having same issue with my 2015 soul ..starting burning oil around the 70.000 ...had the pvc value changed ...didn’t help ...went to dealer they are telling me normal to burn some oil ....well I am now burning about three litres between oil changes ...so we are doing oil consumption test again but the dealer said Kia likely won’t do anything about it ..normal to burn three litres of oil...I have another problem now I smell burning oil in cabin ...and they aren’t taking that to seriously either ....

·
Registered
908 Posts
Smelling oil indicates oil leak, probably onto exhaust manifold....or oil spilled on exhaust.

A. What can you see at back of engine at firewall?
B. What viscosity oil?
C. Synthetic?
D. Have spark plugs be checked for oil deposits?

·
Registered
Kia Soul 2015 2.0 litre EX GDI Alien Green II Pearl
335 Posts
Darlene: Who is your Kia dealer? Has this dealership been performing regular maintenance on your 2015 Kia Soul?

I would write a letter to the dealership describing your oil loss and stating your opinion that contrary to their indifference, losing 3 litres of oil between oil changes is not 'normal'. It is most unacceptable. Copy your local newspaper, auto columnist, provincial MLA, federal MP. Copy Kia's head offices in North American and Korea.

SportserDoc is correct. You are more than likely leaking oil somewhere.

If you cannot inspect and diagnose the vehicle yourself, take it to a qualified independent shop and pay them to assess the state of the vehicle. Should cost C$150 or thereabouts. If feasible, get this shop to give an estimate of the full repair cost.

Afterwards write a letter to the dealership and tell them what the independent shop found. Copy the entire the world.

If you have no experience writing these kinds of letters, get somebody to help you. Document this carefully and you could have a successful claim/law suit against the Kia dealership.

If suggested repairs are not under warranty, get at least 2 estimates. Three estimates used to be a rule of thumb in some quarters.

-Erik

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2020 soul. Same crap! I'm not a happy girl. I just gave 3 people in the service center a piece of my mind. (Loudly) I informed them that I'm not an idiot. Seriously thinking about trading it in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dont believe the dealers... they are aware of the issue. they play dumb... there really needs to be a lawsuit against Kia for this.
I am on engine in now and i have to really watch it to make sure there will not be a second.
Goto any 3rd party place that does warranty approved oil changes and many are aware of the Shitty engine this car has.
Keep all your recepts, so when it does happens you have proof. They will still find a way out of replacing your engine!!
Change the oil you use to 5/30 that helps a bit.
check the internet you will find a lot of users after 60,000miles or 100,000km all having the same issues.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The oil light nor a check engine light came on. It was just clack. Clack. Clack..... dead. Very disappointed

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,296 Posts
The oil light nor a check engine light came on. It was just clack. Clack. Clack..... dead. Very disappointed
What happened Unglued? Did your 2020 engine seize up or did it rev high and IVT transmission failed?

Seems they should offer you a replacement engine no problem. What are they telling you?

Sorry to hear you are having such a bad problem with them. Give 'em 'ell!

·
Registered
3 Posts
They acted like it was no biggie. I explained to them that if my engine is now compromised and I break down in Atlanta traffic I will not be a pretty sight.
I shouldn't have to come back every 1000 miles to check the oil! Complete crap.

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
They acted like it was no biggie. I explained to them that if my engine is now compromised and I break down in Atlanta traffic I will not be a pretty sight.
I shouldn't have to come back every 1000 miles to check the oil! Complete crap.
Check into having them put in a slightly heavier oil like 5w-30. Alot of us have done that and it's helped or solved the oil consumption issue. The thin oil in your Soul may be blowing past the pistons.

All the best!

Reactions: Unglued

·
Registered
4 Posts
Darlene: Who is your Kia dealer? Has this dealership been performing regular maintenance on your 2015 Kia Soul?

I would write a letter to the dealership describing your oil loss and stating your opinion that contrary to their indifference, losing 3 litres of oil between oil changes is not 'normal'. It is most unacceptable. Copy your local newspaper, auto columnist, provincial MLA, federal MP. Copy Kia's head offices in North American and Korea.

SportserDoc is correct. You are more than likely leaking oil somewhere.

If you cannot inspect and diagnose the vehicle yourself, take it to a qualified independent shop and pay them to assess the state of the vehicle. Should cost C$150 or thereabouts. If feasible, get this shop to give an estimate of the full repair cost.

Afterwards write a letter to the dealership and tell them what the independent shop found. Copy the entire the world.

If you have no experience writing these kinds of letters, get somebody to help you. Document this carefully and you could have a successful claim/law suit against the Kia dealership.

If suggested repairs are not under warranty, get at least 2 estimates. Three estimates used to be a rule of thumb in some quarters.

-Erik
Hi It has been checked and they say they cant find leak...bringing it in again to have it lokked at....If i dont get any satisfaction ...i will have it looked at by an independent garage

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dont believe the dealers... they are aware of the issue. they play dumb... there really needs to be a lawsuit against Kia for this.
I am on engine in now and i have to really watch it to make sure there will not be a second.
Goto any 3rd party place that does warranty approved oil changes and many are aware of the Shitty engine this car has.
Keep all your recepts, so when it does happens you have proof. They will still find a way out of replacing your engine!!
Change the oil you use to 5/30 that helps a bit.
check the internet you will find a lot of users after 60,000miles or 100,000km all having the same issues.
Thats crazy...someone i know just had motor replaced by dealer ...because motor was knocking...2015 KIA soul as well

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all. About 4 months ago, I took my 2015 soul+, has about 88k miles on it at the time, in to dealership for an oil change. About 2k miles later, the oil level was barely showing on the dipstick. I took it back to them and told them. I did not see any where it could be leaking oil from also there was no signs of blueish smoke or any type of smoke coming from the tail pipe. They topped off the oil and told me to come back after driving it for 1k miles. Which I did. The oil level was half way on the dipstick. The service manager informed me that I only lost a half of quart of oil in that 1k miles of driving. I asked him is that right, in other words, if the oil level is hitting the L, it will only take 1 quart of oil to put the oil level up to full. Kia manufacturer specs states losing less than 1 quart of oil is fine. It's normal oil consumption. Something doesn't set right with me. Did anyone else have the same problem as me with the same response from the shop you took it to?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think its bull my 2015 Kia soul doing the same using 1qt of oil every 1000 miles some times more something just isn't right they say it is supposed to do that according to Kia specs I think it's a bunch of bull I will never buy another car of them if they are going to just lie about it

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello all. About 4 months ago, I took my 2015 soul+, has about 88k miles on it at the time, in to dealership for an oil change. About 2k miles later, the oil level was barely showing on the dipstick. I took it back to them and told them. I did not see any where it could be leaking oil from also there was no signs of blueish smoke or any type of smoke coming from the tail pipe. They topped off the oil and told me to come back after driving it for 1k miles. Which I did. The oil level was half way on the dipstick. The service manager informed me that I only lost a half of quart of oil in that 1k miles of driving. I asked him is that right, in other words, if the oil level is hitting the L, it will only take 1 quart of oil to put the oil level up to full. Kia manufacturer specs states losing less than 1 quart of oil is fine. It's normal oil consumption. Something doesn't set right with me. Did anyone else have the same problem as me with the same response from the shop you took it to?
After my engine blow and the dealer would NOT support me, i had another engine put in my car by a real mechinic, not the pretends ones at the dealership. That engine has almost the same number of KM's on it... this engine is the same as the last... after 100km it starts to burn oil like crazy.. a liter ever 1000km... Its a problem and a huge problem with this generation of Kia and Hyundai, they have the same engine. The dealership will lie to you saying this NEVER happens. It must be because you the user are not maintaining the vehicle. BS. There are many many ppl going back to the places that do the oil changes getting receipts etc to prove they were maintaining the cars, but when you go to Kia, at least in my experience, they find a loop hole and will not repair or replace the engine. There should be a lawsuit against Kia and Hyundai , but I am only one person. I would gladly join suck a thing , if even just to get the satifcation of making them pay something as they lied to my face and said there was no issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
After my engine blow and the dealer would NOT support me, i had another engine put in my car by a real mechinic, not the pretends ones at the dealership. That engine has almost the same number of KM's on it... this engine is the same as the last... after 100km it starts to burn oil like crazy.. a liter ever 1000km... Its a problem and a huge problem with this generation of Kia and Hyundai, they have the same engine. The dealership will lie to you saying this NEVER happens. It must be because you the user are not maintaining the vehicle. BS. There are many many ppl going back to the places that do the oil changes getting receipts etc to prove they were maintaining the cars, but when you go to Kia, at least in my experience, they find a loop hole and will not repair or replace the engine. There should be a lawsuit against Kia and Hyundai , but I am only one person. I would gladly join suck a thing , if even just to get the satifcation of making them pay something as they lied to my face and said there was no issue.
You got that right send all there cars back over there where they belong they are junk and I tell you I will never buy another from spitzer in mansfield they lie to everyone

·
Registered
260 Posts
Sorry to hear this stuff:cautious: My '15+ has only 10K miles. The time to get nervous seems at about 40-50K:eek:...later down the road..

·
Registered
Kia Soul 2015 2.0 litre EX GDI Alien Green II Pearl
335 Posts
Hi It has been checked and they say they cant find leak...bringing it in again to have it lokked at....If i dont get any satisfaction ...i will have it looked at by an independent garage
Update?

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
Sorry to hear this stuff:cautious: My '15+ has only 10K miles. The time to get nervous seems at about 40-50K:eek:...later down the road..
I wouldn't be too nervous from posts like these. You've been here long enough to see these type of new rants popping up with big complaints, no details and/or proof. Not to mention driving habits, personal responsibility or mitigation efforts (hey here's one....try a heavier oil weight or try even checking your oil). It's easier to yell KIAs are crap.

Ain't "victimhood" great!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yep;) After almost 5 years going to the dealer for oil (overfill) changes, I'm going to do my own. Don't want to catch anything nasty at the dealer anyway:confused: Going to document the whole exercise..maybe a video:LOL:
Will probably go with the less expensive "GDI" 5W-30 oil.
Have a Good & Safe Day!

81 - 100 of 134 Posts