Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

201 - 206 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
..... sad that they take advantage of Americans that is Korea for you
If you say so. Clearly there is no such thing as a 'level playing field', just poor American consumers, always exploited by those evil, cunning Asians.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello all. About 4 months ago, I took my 2015 soul+, has about 88k miles on it at the time, in to dealership for an oil change. About 2k miles later, the oil level was barely showing on the dipstick. I took it back to them and told them. I did not see any where it could be leaking oil from also there was no signs of blueish smoke or any type of smoke coming from the tail pipe. They topped off the oil and told me to come back after driving it for 1k miles. Which I did. The oil level was half way on the dipstick. The service manager informed me that I only lost a half of quart of oil in that 1k miles of driving. I asked him is that right, in other words, if the oil level is hitting the L, it will only take 1 quart of oil to put the oil level up to full. Kia manufacturer specs states losing less than 1 quart of oil is fine. It's normal oil consumption. Something doesn't set right with me. Did anyone else have the same problem as me with the same response from the shop you took it to?
If they put synthetic in it it will keep losing oil since it’s not made for that.

·
Registered
993 Posts
If they put synthetic in it it will keep losing oil since it’s not made for that.
Please everyone ignore this worst advice. Actually Kia is requiring all dealers to switch to full synthetic and no longer even offer blends. Having tore down a lot of these and other engines the problem is always with the oil control rings being plugged up with crud. Keep your oil changes at the factory recommended 3750 miles just like in your owner's manual.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all. About 4 months ago, I took my 2015 soul+, has about 88k miles on it at the time, in to dealership for an oil change. About 2k miles later, the oil level was barely showing on the dipstick. I took it back to them and told them. I did not see any where it could be leaking oil from also there was no signs of blueish smoke or any type of smoke coming from the tail pipe. They topped off the oil and told me to come back after driving it for 1k miles. Which I did. The oil level was half way on the dipstick. The service manager informed me that I only lost a half of quart of oil in that 1k miles of driving. I asked him is that right, in other words, if the oil level is hitting the L, it will only take 1 quart of oil to put the oil level up to full. Kia manufacturer specs states losing less than 1 quart of oil is fine. It's normal oil consumption. Something doesn't set right with me. Did anyone else have the same problem as me with the same response from the shop you took it to?
I put full synthetic oil in my Kia Soul 2015 (60K+ miles) 3,000 miles ago at the last oil/filter change, at the recommendation of the oil changing service technician I dealt with. This past week I started getting an oil lamp flicker when I stopped at traffic lights and stop signs. I took the Kia back to the last oil change service center for their evaluation. They topped off the oil with 3 quarts. And topped off the coolant which was also low. They told me I need to put in a quart of oil for each 1000 miles I drive. How come this was not explained by them at my last oil change? How come my Kia dealer did not bring this to my attention when I purchased the car from them at 17,000 miles a few years ago? This was the first I heard of such a thing.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Soul +
18 Posts
I put full synthetic oil in my Kia Soul 2015 (60K+ miles) 3,000 miles ago at the last oil/filter change, at the recommendation of the oil changing service technician I dealt with. This past week I started getting an oil lamp flicker when I stopped at traffic lights and stop signs. I took the Kia back to the last oil change service center for their evaluation. They topped off the oil with 3 quarts. And topped off the coolant which was also low. They told me I need to put in a quart of oil for each 1000 miles I drive. How come this was not explained by them at my last oil change? How come my Kia dealer did not bring this to my attention when I purchased the car from them at 17,000 miles a few years ago? This was the first I heard of such a thing.
Do you know if they used 5W20 or 5W30? My oil light started flickering while stopped in drive. I was at the dealership getting a recall done and they didn't provide any help regarding the light. To be fair, my Soul was totaled in an accident and someone repaired it before I bought it. They did a poor repair job and used JB weld on the inside of the engine case. I thought the sensor was faulty because it ran fine but it spun the #4 connecting rod bearing less than 100 miles later. I only discovered the JB weld after removing the oil pan. Get your car checked out.

201 - 206 of 206 Posts