Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anybody has similar problems and if we know the cause. 2016 plus 2.0L. I think it MIGHT be heat soak related because when it's cold outside or if the car has had a chance to cool for a few hours it is fine but as soon as it gets hot after like 10-20 minutes normal driving it becomes completely gutless even with the pedal to the floor until at least 4k rpms. It's dangerous if you're trying to get out in traffic lol. I dont know if it will help or not but I'm considering getting a CAI and heat wrapping it. Thoughts?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Just wondering if anybody has similar problems and if we know the cause. 2016 plus 2.0L. I think it MIGHT be heat soak related because when it's cold outside or if the car has had a chance to cool for a few hours it is fine but as soon as it gets hot after like 10-20 minutes normal driving it becomes completely gutless even with the pedal to the floor until at least 4k rpms. It's dangerous if you're trying to get out in traffic lol. I dont know if it will help or not but I'm considering getting a CAI and heat wrapping it. Thoughts?
Sorry, mine seems to like it hot. I have noticed no problem. I have the same year, sub-model (+) and engine as you.

I actually get much better gas mileage in the warm weather.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,404 Posts
Isn't it still under warranty? This is power train related I would think.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,404 Posts
Still under warranty. I might have to take it in. Good point duh.
Yeah, it's easy to forget we have a world class 10 year powertrain (5 year ALL ELSE).

Let them fix it and you sit back and enjoy the free snacks in the lobby!

All the best!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I've never really had that option before. I've always had to fix my own problems. Guess I still knee jerk react that way when I have issues.

·
Registered
99 Posts
That doesn't sound normal to me either. It regularly gets over 90 where I live in the summer (including today), and I don't notice any difference.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the 2016 Soul plus 2.0 and know when I climb a steep hill from a red light that it gets sluggish until I give it more gas

·
Registered
279 Posts
Might check this:
INTERMITTENT LACK OF POWER OR HESITATION UPON ACCELERATION - RESTRICTED FUEL LINE
TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN
Reference Number(s): PS476 Rev 1, Date of Issue: March 9, 2018
KIA:
2014-2016 Soul (PS); 2015-2016 Forte (YD) w/ GDI; 2014-2015 Sorento (XMa)
GROUP:
Fuel

1 - 12 of 12 Posts