Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

Looking for parts from RHD

Tags
parts rhd
6K views 29 replies 3 participants last post by  FMuscle 
#1 · (Edited)
I am currently looking for new possibilities for my Soul, and I came with a crazy idea. If anyone from a RHD country could find and ship me the whole signal/wiper switch assy. as shown below:

I would need the assembly with the fog light switch.
It doesn't have to be new, I don't care if it comes from a junkyard, as long as it's not damaged...
Also, it could help if you can provide the part numbers.

See less See more
#4 ·
Just so you are aware. The foglight switch has 2 positions.....one for the front foglights and one for the rear foglights......does your model have the rear ones or provision for them???......also there are two dashboard illumination characters that light up when these are in use....is your car equipped with these?....(am just trying to forsee issues before you have them).

#5 ·
the wiper stalk assembly and the lights stalk assembly are two seperate units. The wiper stalk unit is £25.58 and the light stalk unit is £37.03. This is in UK Pounds. The postage costs cant be accurately worked out until the package could be measured and weighed but an approximate cost would be £50-70.00 with UPS. Whether there is a cheaper alternative - i dont know at this time. Let me know what your thoughts are.

PS. I had the wiper stalks replaced on my previous car and it involved disarming the airbag but both stalks were one unit - whether you have to do the same here, i dont know.

#6 ·
Thanks for your help.
My car is not originaly equiped with fog lights, so it will be custom wiring in there. 2 positions is not a problem, it's more like another mod possibility...
the 2 characters are present but I might not use them, not sure yet.

#10 ·
oh i see....your stalks are the opposite way round???......with your lights on the right and wipers on the left?.

I am not related to Kia.....i am in a dispute with them to have my car paint put right at the moment!!!....why do you ask??

#15 ·
yeah sort of. The first collar turn to position 1 lights up the front......the continued collar turn to postion 2 lights up the rear as well - but the collar returns to position 1......so if you forget to turn them off......when you restart the engine only the fronts come on next time.

Hope that makes sense.

And yes - i am happy to get you and send you either item.

#17 ·
FM- This is a mod very much in line with what I plan to do. How do you plan to connect your wiring to this new switch? Have you found a source for additional pins to put in the stock harness connector or do you plan to replace the entire connector with one that had these wires already?

#18 · (Edited)
^^^I have found that there is two kind of RHD, Europeans and Asian. The Europeans uses the the same pattern as LHD (light on left, wipers on right), while Asian is the opposite. The asian connectors are different than ours, unlike the Europeans, which means the connector side needs to be replaced.
If going for the European switch, like Tempest said 2-3 posts earlier, the rear fog switch is momentary, and the BCM makes the contact. If your BCM is not from europe it won't work properly, no matter what you connect on the other side. I didn't found a way to bypass the BCM yet, but working on it.
About the connector pins, I think I can get some, as I work for Kia (I'll check before the end of the day, I'm at work), or they might be found in junkyards.

If (Let's say When) I find a bypass method not to complex, I'll post it here...

#19 ·
I couln't get the info today, too busy, I'll come back on that probably tomorrow. And if you're looking for connectors for the asian model, I hope you'll get lucky... They will be hard to find without the whole harness.

#20 ·
I added the front lights and built my own harness up front. I'm also adding my own aux relay/fuse panel that I will use to power the lights. My plan was to add the stock stalk with fog switch and just add a pin to the connector that goes to it in the place that would have that wire from the factory. I would then run that wire to trigger my relay. That way I don't have to deal with the BCM at all. I think it would also be easy to undo later if that's what the next owner wants to do. I have had no success finding any electrical stuff for Kias. All I can seem to get are complete harnesses and devices. In the past, for my VW Vanagon, I could buy a repair pigtail at the parts counter with the correct pin already crimped on. Kia wants me to but the whole car to get a pin. If you can get pins that are right for the stock fog connector, let me know and I'll happily buy some from you.

I haven't decided if I'm going to use the cluster indicator for the fogs. It looks like tapping in to that circuit might be easy but knowing Kia, there's probably no LED behind the lens on the cluster or maybe no wire for it. I'll keep you posted on my success as I find out.

#22 ·
I haven't decided if I'm going to use the cluster indicator for the fogs. It looks like tapping in to that circuit might be easy but knowing Kia, there's probably no LED behind the lens on the cluster or maybe no wire for it. I'll keep you posted on my success as I find out.
I tried to light up the cluster indicator, it didn't work. I had to use a jumper to try, cause there was no wire anywhere related to the fog system.

Tempest: Thanks for your help, I might have a solution, I have a power windows switch panel from a Hyundai at home, the auto-down module may be useful... Will test it soon.

#27 ·
Dealership cannot get the pins... We'll have to find another way out.

I received my fog lamps this week, switch is on it's way (Thanks again Tempest... ;) ). Not sure if I will be able to resist 'til I get my projectors to install them... I gess my bumper will be removed more often than any other Soul...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.