Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using a Samsung Galaxy S8 running android Pie. I installed the UVO app. I select "My POIs" but I an not seeing a way to enter an address or other POI information. What am I missing? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,510 Posts
I don't do that but rather enter them into the car. UVO is hard enough to use effectively on many of its features and I only use it background features. Do you have the UVO manual that cam with the car? Let me know and if you don't have it, I will look up what the manual has to say and send it to you.

·
Super Moderator
9,510 Posts
I have the "Car Multimedia System" quick reference and user's manual.
Got to go to an appointment right now but I will look into it with my manuals. Get back to you. There should have been a separate UVO manual, IIRC.

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,010 Posts
Backpacker - you should state in your drive info the specific Soul model you have as there can be up to 3 different audio systems in most Soul's and info could vary.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Backpacker - you should state in your drive info the specific Soul model you have as there can be up to 3 different audio systems in most Soul's and info could vary.
I understand your point but, I am asking about the Android UVO app. The car is a 2016 Kia Soul Plus with the Primo package.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I am using a Samsung Galaxy S8 running android Pie. I installed the UVO app. I select "My POIs" but I an not seeing a way to enter an address or other POI information. What am I missing? Thanks
On my app Note 8 - After picking my poi's, go to bottom and pick view map. Map comes up and use the search to find the poi. When you pick the one you want the option to add it should be at the bottom.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On my app Note 8 - After picking my poi's, go to bottom and pick view map. Map comes up and use the search to find the poi. When you pick the one you want the option to add it should be at the bottom.
Thank you. This worked for me.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Looks like I was wrong and am the one in need here. Not the first time though.

What app? The UVO app for the phone? And what is note 8?

Signed, Confused.
They are talking about the UVO app for the phone. Once you open the app click the "My POIs" icon. Then on the bottom right there's a button that says "View Map". Click that. Then search for a POI using the magnifying glass icon (bottom right of the app). Search for a local restaurant or store. Once you find the store, you can add it to your POIs.

Also "Note 8" is just the name of a Samsung cellphone. It's like saying "Apple iPhone". It's 8th iteration of the "Note" series by Samsung. So he is simply using his Note 8 cellphone to run the UVO app, basically.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts