Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in the classifieds as well:

Just bought a 2012 Soul without the cargo tray & cover. I found where we can buy it for $280 but it is not worth near that. If anyone has one for sale, please let me know.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
I have the cargo liner in my Soul which I got from the dealer

do you really need the cover, most people find its not worth the trouble, I really can't see any need for it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think we want the cover...I think I used the wrong terminology. All we have there now is the flimsy cover where the spare goes. We want the thing that allows the surface to be flat when the seats lay down and it be strong enough to support normal stuff. Any one got any links?

·
Banned
1,576 Posts
We want the thing that allows the surface to be flat when the seats lay down and it be strong enough to support normal stuff. Any one got any links?
we've had several members show how they've made their own - some claimed to be all thumbs yet produced something as good or better than factory for a fraction of the price -

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there any links to the part I am looking for? We don't really care about the organizer but would like the flat part.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,086 Posts

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I posted this in the classifieds as well:

Just bought a 2012 Soul without the cargo tray & cover. I found where we can buy it for $280 but it is not worth near that. If anyone has one for sale, please let me know.
The tray is optional, but the "deck" is standard equipment. Where is yours and why was it missing when you bought the car?

Search feature is your friend......:)

2012 Kia Soul Cargo Liner | Trunk Liner

I think the OP will still need the deck won't he?

·
Registered
15,164 Posts
does the base US model not have this feature? (he didn't state which model he purchased)

I think the OP is referring to this (the cover that covers the lower cargo tray that sits above the spare)

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,086 Posts
Maybe the OP needs to post a pic of the cargo area so we know exactly what is needed.

Sent from my HTC Inspire using AutoGuide

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
does the base US model not have this feature? (he didn't state which model he purchased)

I think the OP is referring to this (the cover that covers the lower cargo tray that sits above the spare)

Yep, that is the cargo tray and it's optional and around $75.

The thing that is sitting up on the back seats is the cargo deck, and that is standard equipment.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
So the base model just has a gaping hole back there? I mean, the area where the spare tire is is just exposed? There isnt an organizer tray OR the cover?

jeebus, when KIA says Base model, they really mean Base lol...

Could someone who has a base model post a picture of your trunk area?

Sent from my HTC Inspire using Tapatalk. Pardon errors.

·
Registered
15,164 Posts
as EboniLM mentioned we need a picture of the cargo area of the base US Soul. I have a picture of the Canadian model, but we get the lower storage tray and cover standard on the base model, so that's no help.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
YES, the deck....that's it. I got a part number (85710C) from the dealer and the cost is $195.63 + tax WHEW!! All of their Souls did not have the decks in them. ALL base models (U.S.) Would like the organizer too but it is probably not worth it.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
YES, the deck....that's it. I got a part number (85710C) from the dealer and the cost is $195.63 + tax WHEW!! All of their Souls did not have the decks in them. ALL base models (U.S.) Would like the organizer too but it is probably not worth it.
So you have a big hole down to where the spare would go? Wow.

The organizer is pretty nice... gives you a place to store things like jumper cables, first aid kit, ac invertor, winter survival gear, etc. Things you want along, but don't want in your way.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
No. There is a thin, flimsy piece covering the spare hole. (part #85710) I need the deck piece (#85710C) that makes the cargo surface flat when the seats are laying down. The organizer (as best I can tell) sets on top of 85710 and under 85710C. See the attached diagram.

soul cargo.jpg

1 - 20 of 61 Posts