Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a molten soul+
I am looking to get rid of all Crome.
I love the red grill from the buners but can't find them anywhere.
Then I have looked a the grill inserts but have not found any I care for.
Anyone give me a link or idea?

Thanks!;)

·
Registered
509 Posts
Yup -- take the existing grille to a body shop or metal-finishing shop and tell them exactly what you want. Simple matter of money. :)

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
The grille is plastic. If you have the ambition (I don't) remove it, have it bead blasted to remove the chrome plating and if you have any talent whatsoever with a rattle can, air brush or spray gun, buy the highest quality paint you can find and paint it any color you want, priming it first of course. To me, a much better method than vinyl wrapping it.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
An alternative to my above post, you could rough up the chrome surface with course and fine steel wool before priming and painting but it probably would not hold up as well. Or you could buy a couple of gallons of Westleys Bleche-wite whitewall tire cleaner, find a large flat pan and soak the grille in it for a day or two, it will dissolve the chrome plating. I have a feeling regular household bleach might work also but don't know. This would work as well on any other chrome emblems people want to paint, although I like mine just the way they are.

·
Registered
590 Posts
We've discussed this many times before. Just get it wrapped with what ever color vinyl you want at your local sign shop or car wrapping place.

Flat black would look nice.....:D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I will got with the bleAch idea:)
I am going do all this after new years because the stillen lip will be the same color.

And thanks everyone!

·
Registered
502 Posts
i like them ( handles and grill) on MATT BLACK.... could anyone tell me which paint has it??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts