Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Long Island NY KIA Service Review

It's that time to head to the dealer to get the TSB done on the Tranny. When shopping for my Soul I ended up having to go about 260mi to find the soul I wanted. I was wondering if people had a dealer service center on the Island they were happy with. So lets post our experiences good and bad so in the future our fellow Soul brothers & sisters will have a clue on where and where NOT to go. Let the madness begin!:D

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Smithtown KIA

Smithtown KIA:
Sales Dept: I originally went to this dealer to buy my Soul. They did not have one I was interested in stock. I explained to the sales person I sold cars for a bit and would allow him to make money on the deal and I had time, so perhaps we could locate one or order one. Sadly, the sales person walked away to look and came back reporting, no way to order one from his allocation (this was back in June 09 so they were still new) and there were zero exclaims, in any color, in all of the "thirteen colonies". So I have to take the one on the sales floor. I thanked the man for his time and left.
I went home and in about 15min found the exact Soul I wanted at a dealer 260mi away. Well inside the boundaries of the original thirteen. Too bad, I would have paid the shipping fees. Like I said I was in sales and know these guys have to eat. Ended up getting my Soul at that other dealer. So what was I going to do for service?
Service Dept On a five star rating system I will give these guys a four. I called two weeks prior to my service appt to set a time I knew I'd have off work. I had no problem setting an appt and even got the time of day I wanted. I explained to the service writer I was coming in for the TSB on the 5 speed transmission and asked if the replacement part would be available and held for my replacement. I was insured that everything would be in order and it would only take about 45min from the point I walked in the door to have everything done.
On the morning of the appointment I was greeted by a very friendly staff and was checked in. During the check in I was informed there was no TSB on my Soul. I showed him the TSB info and confirmed with him the production date of my Soul was in the window for the TSB. He turned the computer to me to show me what the screen reported. Clearly this was an issue with KIA's system not with the dealership. He walked away for a moment, returned and said he got clearance do the TSB work anyway. He took my keys and the work began, or so I thought. About 10min later he returned and stated the part was nowhere in the USA he'd have to look into getting it for me and he would give me a call. They were just finishing up looking into a few other concerns I had and I would be out in moments. Sure enough I was down the road about 5min later.
At this point I was a bit annoyed. I was assured the part would be in house for me when I got there. It became clear who ever answered the phone that day did not check for the TSB (he would have told me there was not one) nor did he check for the replacement part.
Later that day the service writer called back as he said he would and explained since he could not locate the part they would be replacing the whole shifter mechanism. That sounded fine to me and we set up a date to have the work done. I returned to have the work done. Again the staff was friendly and remembered my name and what I was in for. They took the keys and were done in less time than they said they would be. I was very impressed in the speed and the quality of the workmanship when I got my car back. However, I do have one complaint. My car was full of grease. I have the dark interior and saw it immediately on my seats and other trim pieces. To me not such a big deal because I knew I could clean it up pretty easily from the seats and surrounds but it would have been nice to get it back without the mess. TIP: check out Ardex "A-foam" for cleaning upholstery, killer product, have used it for years never harmed a thing and can get out anything... including GREASE.
Over all like I said I would give them 4 out of 5 stars. They redeemed themselves on the shortcomings with great customer service and a solution to a KIA part shortage rather than just turn their backs. I will say this, I had been off the WHOLE WEEK during this. If I had taken a special day off for the appt. and had to take another one and had to spend time in a cramped schedule to clean grease I might have been a bit more annoyed causing a lower rating. Over all I know the Soul is a newer car and finding parts can be tough so that's the reason I did not freak out. Will I be going back to them YES, YES, YES, would I recommend a friend, sure.

I know this was a bit long winded but I think it is important to be fair, show all sides and explain my thinking. We are all different and you might have felt totally different facing the same.

Well who else has got a review of a Long Island service dept??? NEXT!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Soul dragon

I just purchased my Dragon Soul 2010 found the best place on Long Island
KARP KIA ALL IN STOCK INCLUDING DRAGON
372-400 SUNRISE HIGHWAY
ROCKVILLE CENTRE, NY 11570
TELE:516-763-8425
Best Sale's man Mike R
SERVICE dept. A+
make you feel like you are in your own living room..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts