Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks: I found a small plastic cap on the passenger side of the rear bumper. I pulled it open and it looks like a metal "pipe" attached to the "frame". I imagine this is for wiring, maybe a rear camera mount?

Anyone know what this is?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Or more likely a tow hook up that should have been on the front, oops. In any case, mine doesn't have it and bumper is not the best place to have a camera.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
In the polystyrene tray in the boot sorry trunk you will find a ring with a thread on it . you screw that into the thread in bumper recess and tow your friends..
That ' bit of pipe' is attached to a reinforced part of the chassis with a plate and is one place where the tow bar attaches.

Jeff

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks All! I should have said, I left my owner's manual in my office and will not be back there until Tuesday because of the holiday. I would have never guessed the screw in hook!

Cheers

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
Thanks All! I should have said, I left my owner's manual in my office and will not be back there until Tuesday because of the holiday. I would have never guessed the screw in hook!
you can always download a copy in pdf format :sneakiness:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts