Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get the definitive differences between the 14 and 15 base Souls. US models only please.

Missing items on the 2015 Kia Soul Base units from the 2014s.

Rear 12volt outlet

Pull down rear arm rest

Side mirror turn signal indicators

Front seats rear net pockets

Pass side auto window

What else am I missing or what do I have wrong?

Thanks for the help.

Mark

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
are you specifying the manual Base or Auto Base?

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The stick I guess since you pick up some extras with just the auto upgrade. But we could have a list for the 14 vs 15 Base and a list for the 14 vs 15 Auto base.

No rear outlet on the 15.

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,476 Posts
I don't have a rear outlet on my 2014 base manual.

My side repeaters (signals) are fender mounted. The 2015 base loses them.

2015 doesn't get heated side mirrors and I believe the dual power outlets are only 120w each, unlike the 2014 with a 120w and 180w capacity.

·
Registered
54 Posts
well some things I've noticed just between the 2014 manual and auto is that the manual does not come with illuminated ignition switch, keyless entry with imobilizer, rear fold down armrest, and of course cruise control and the armrest. I beleive the auto comes with all of that in base form. my manual does have the rear seat pocket on passenger side.

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
well some things I've noticed just between the 2014 manual and auto is that the manual does not come with illuminated ignition switch, keyless entry with imobilizer, rear fold down armrest, and of course cruise control and the armrest. I beleive the auto comes with all of that in base form. My manual does have the rear seat pocket on passenger side.
Good job salvage on adding OEM cruise and center armrest console. I did the same thing. It makes our base manuals pretty unique compared to 2015 manuals, especially with the express passenger window, heated mirrors and repeaters. I figure those alone are worth upwards of $2,000 & cruise + armrest about $1,500 to have dealer install.

At resell we should call these 2014 Base Stick Exponential Edition :)

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good job salvage on adding OEM cruise and center armrest console. I did the same thing. It makes our base manuals pretty unique compared to 2015 manuals, especially with the express passenger window, heated mirrors and repeaters. I figure those alone are worth upwards of $2,000 & cruise + armrest about $1,500 to have dealer install.

At resell we should call these 2014 Base Stick Exponential Edition :)

Oh be quiet LOL

The 15s went up 200 bucks and dropped a lot of little goodies.

Mark

·
Registered
54 Posts
It wouldnt be hard to add the signal repeaters if you wanted. I havent looked at a wiring diagram but I have traced the wires from mine and looked as if they jumpered them off the front harness that plugs into the headlight assy. Its funny though because everytime I see a soul I look to see if it has the repeaters or not so I can figure out if its a 14 or 15, lol.

·
Registered
344 Posts
It wouldnt be hard to add the signal repeaters if you wanted. I havent looked at a wiring diagram but I have traced the wires from mine and looked as if they jumpered them off the front harness that plugs into the headlight assy. Its funny though because everytime I see a soul I look to see if it has the repeaters or not so I can figure out if its a 14 or 15, lol.
I do the same thing!

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Me too.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Actually no. Other car companies will also delete items they feel are not big on consumer's list so that they can add something they think is, and not have to raise the price as much. They also look at what other cars in the same category have. The danger is misreading the buyers and taking away a popular item.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I don't have a rear outlet on my 2014 base manual.

My side repeaters (signals) are fender mounted. The 2015 base loses them.

2015 doesn't get heated side mirrors and I believe the dual power outlets are only 120w each, unlike the 2014 with a 120w and 180w capacity.

My 2015 has the 120W, 180W dual power outlets. The right one is 180W and used to power the air compressor

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
does the US Base 2015 (either MT or Auto) come standard with the underfloor storage tray and cover, I think this was not the case for 2014 - can any US member confirm.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The 15 has it, not sure on the 14.

Mrk

1 - 20 of 36 Posts