Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I've had my Soul for about 2 weeks, I find there are certain vehicles I try to avoid parking next to or near in parking lots. Feel free to add to the list, this is just the Ohio version of what I see around here.

1. Anything older than 2000 that doesn't have classic car tags
2. Beat Up mini vans with dog/kid marks in the windows
3. Conversion Vans. ANY Conversion Van
4. Big 2 door Pontiacs with 5 ft. long doors. Ouch!
5. Pickups with toolboxes - the lumber/metal/concrete is being loaded right next to you
6. Rust Buckets
7. Wrecked cars where you can tell they just pocketed the insurance money

Like I said, just stuff we have around here. I really like to find Infiniti's, Acuras, Lexus', Mercedes and other brand new cars to park next to if I can't find a lone spot someplace.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hate to say it, but I also avoid parking next to the elderly. They tend to really kick their doors open wide to get in and out.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I just park next to the light post in a parking lot in the back forty and walk. I hate having to compete for a parking spot closest to the door. I can walk the extra 10 feet.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I always try and find a lone spot far away from the crowd and walk. However there is alway one douchebag that parks right next to me when there are plenty of other spots to chose from in the same area, and still manages to park so close i have to climb in the passenger side....:mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Well, I would try to avoid parking next to these two vehicles, but they are both in my driveway, so sometimes it can't be avoided.

I try mostly to park the Soul next to the van, though it does have those car seats and fingerprints. FWIW, the Soul has car seats in it too.

Seriously though, when forced to visit ChiComMart, I park far away and walk to the store, its safer.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Does this count?

Today at PartSource this thing parked next to my Soul:
26" wheels

Sorry, lousy cell phone pic

·
Registered
217 Posts
Haha.. at least you're two spots away. Wouldn't want the hydraulics getting out of control and having that thing bounce on top of your Soul.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
In my book whether in a parking lot or on the :eek:road, I try to avoid the guy that has a different colour or two in doors, fenders, hood etc. Anybody that has to replace parts so often that they don't even bother to re paint, they rule the road in my opinion and I stay as far away as possible.

·
Registered
280 Posts
The car with the duct tape holding the window up and a bungie cord holding the door closed.

Here in Ohio there isn't any kind of vehicle inspection so there is all kinds of crap on the road.

I park in the back 40, as far away from O.P.J. (other peoples junk) as I can get ..... Makes my wife a little irkey sometimes especially if it's raining or has snowed. I've been this way sense the begining of time almost :rolleyes:

·
Registered
690 Posts
I really like to find Infiniti's, Acuras, Lexus', Mercedes and other brand new cars to park next to if I can't find a lone spot someplace.
Not sure if they want Soul park next to their vehicles :)

rule of thumb is to stay away from SUV/large vehicles. Enjoy your vehicle and don't worry too much about dings/chips as it will occur on any vehicle regardless how careful.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Hey, I never knew that we had these up here either. That was the first for me. But it did have a Texas plate on it. I guess, that would explain it....lol

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Nah! It's hard to see from this low res photo but the guy only had about 1/2" of rubber on those wheels!

I asked him how the ride was on those 26" wheels and he looked at me and said "Great".

"I bet you" I told him...

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lots of good replies and I appreciate the tips on what to look out for. The ghetto sleds don't bother me too bad since they're pretty particular about their cars. The town I live in is kind of hickish and we see lots of duct tape or just plain missing parts. The car wash where I work is often frequented by people using the high-pressure spray as a rust removal system.

On the elderly, my parents are elderly now so I have to watch them. I had my windows tinted and told my dad "Now don't roll down the windows, it has to dry" the very first thing he did was try to put the window down. I'm glad I had them locked.

Here's another one too: The guy with the fake bullet holes, always a classic:

This was taken awhile back that's why gas is still so "cheap". LOL

·
Registered
262 Posts
I don't park next to anyone whose car looks like it hasn't been taken good care of. If they can't keep their own car clean and free of dents and scratches, they aren't going to do the same for mine. So I only park next to clean, new-ish cars.

Same for on the highway. I do NOT ever drive behind construction vehicles, beat up jalopies, or packrats. I pass all of these vehicles without fail, or keep my distance (a lot of it) behind.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts