Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone attempted disassembly and modification of the stock unit to have a pre-amp line out signal? I know I can use speaker to line level converters or just use JL's high level inputs, but I would like to avoid this, because it always degrades sound quality.

I bought some stuff, it was supposed to go to my previous car, but I haven't installed anything in 2.5 years :p Amps go under the front seats, rear door speakers will be disconnected and subwoofer goes - obviously - in the trunk.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I've never done it before, but I would think if you tied into the line output signal from the radio board it would probably be to low of a voltage to amplify correctly, then you'd be setting your gains to high. You'd be better served with a good LOC, most provide a nice clean flat signal and a decent voltage to your amps, but like I said I've never attempted to do it the way you mentioned.

As for trying to get some decent advice on this forum regarding audio, it's kind of a lost cause. There's about three people on here the really even care about aftermarket audio, I have done numerous things to my soul, tried to provide help along the way for other owners, but alot of members don't even bother reading anything in the ICE forum and then ask a question that would be answered had they searched.
Then there are some would rather call you names and make rather dumb remarks about the quest for a better sound system, which they believe is impossible, a waste of time, money, effort and just plain silly because they spent some time and money on car audio when they were young. To them we're just a bunch of time wasting, ear drum busted tweekers who just love to have useless buttons on our radios, and of course we don't know the difference between sound quality and loudness, oh and we can't talk to our aftermarket radio so it must be useless otherwise.

I'd suggest you find a good mobile audio forum and you'll see the difference in knowledge and helpfulness.

Anyway good luck, as this will probably be my last post on this forum anyway.

·
Registered
728 Posts
As for trying to get some decent advice on this forum regarding audio, it's kind of a lost cause. There's about three people on here the really even care about aftermarket audio, I have done numerous things to my soul, tried to provide help along the way for other owners, but alot of members don't even bother reading anything in the ICE forum and then ask a question that would be answered had they searched.
Then there are some would rather call you names and make rather dumb remarks about the quest for a better sound system, which they believe is impossible, a waste of time, money, effort and just plain silly because they spent some time and money on car audio when they were young. To them we're just a bunch of time wasting, ear drum busted tweekers who just love to have useless buttons on our radios, and of course we don't know the difference between sound quality and loudness, oh and we can't talk to our aftermarket radio so it must be useless otherwise.

I'd suggest you find a good mobile audio forum and you'll see the difference in knowledge and helpfulness.

Anyway good luck, as this will probably be my last post on this forum anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts