Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Vindex, since you asked.....
I've heard that there are over 1000 families per day, moving into Florida, and most of those are from somewhere in the NE. It's like, the "Exodus". Very few are from the midwest, and almost NONE from the far west or SW.
In this area of Central Florida, homes are being built just as fast as the workers can build them.
And, not just homes..... new buildings for Businesses are also being built. Roads are being widened and new utilities are being installed.
I've been here 32 years now, and I've never seen such growth in homes and businesses.

Old-Soul, some of those old gals, are wearing Flip Flops with gold and jewels on them. Fancy!

For those who are planning on coming to FL, we're in our summer weather schedule, with sun in the morning, HOT midday temps and Thunderstorms in the PM. We really need to keep our car's AC and wipers, in good condition. :)

Cheers Mates
FLH :cool:
My parents have just purchased a retirement home on the west side of Florida, escaping Minnesota winters and taxes. My sister-in-law moved three years ago from Wisconsin for the same reason. If I had the money, and a job lined up, I would love to move the family ASAP.

·
Registered
2020 LX IVT
17 Posts
When traveling on the highway at about 60 mph, using the gear shift, I’ve shifted to manual mode and see the “S“. I then will shift it forward, and the “S” will change to “8”. However, the RPM’s shown on the tachometer do not change. They stay at about 1500 rpm. I conclude then that the transmission is already in 8th gear and manually shifting into it is not necessary. (Note that I’ve done this several times at various speeds, all at 55 mph or highe with the same result.)
Lucky you, this hasn't been my experience. I have an LX, do you have a higher model, and, does it have an Eco mode?

·
Registered
804 Posts
Vindex, since you asked.....
I've heard that there are over 1000 families per day, moving into Florida, and most of those are from somewhere in the NE. It's like, the "Exodus". Very few are from the midwest, and almost NONE from the far west or SW.

Cheers Mates
FLH :cool:
In all fairness, not a lot of reason to move to FL from the SW. We have the warm weather without the humidity. In Palm Springs CA, we average 70 degrees during our two "cold" months. My balconies look out over a pool, Palm trees and four mountain ranges. The only thing we don't have, and I concede to FL, are oceans

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
In all fairness, not a lot of reason to move to FL from the SW. We have the warm weather without the humidity. In Palm Springs CA, we average 70 degrees during our two "cold" months. My balconies look out over a pool, Palm trees and four mountain ranges. The only thing we don't have, and I concede to FL, are oceans

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk
Oceans of tourists and transplants perhaps?

·
Registered
2020 White EX Soul With Designer Package
69 Posts
My parents have just purchased a retirement home on the west side of Florida, escaping Minnesota winters and taxes. My sister-in-law moved three years ago from Wisconsin for the same reason. If I had the money, and a job lined up, I would love to move the family ASAP.
Jobs don't pay well down here.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Most people DO NOT come to FL to work. But right now, if you want to work in the Home Construction business, there is LOTS of work, and it pays well.

I did come to FL, back in '88, with the idea of working in the Electronics industry, but when I applied at different places, I was told I was Over Trained, for most of the positions available. So I just started my own business, in Computer Repair.
I made a good living for several years, before I went to work for the County as a Mainframe operator.

Now, like so many others, I'm retired on Social Security, but still doing the occasional PC Repair, mostly for other retirees.

The best thing of all, about FL, is .....NO SNOW, NO ICE and NO Salt on the roads.

If you're still alive to tell the tale, let us know how you're doing when Ca. falls off into the Pacific Ocean.

Cheers Mates!
:cool:

21 - 28 of 28 Posts