Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Really new here and to the Kia world as well (I've had my Soul 2012 for a couple of months now). I use my lighter outlet to charge my phone. My problem is I can't leave my phone charging when I because the power to the lighter outlet is cut when you kill the switch. I'm wondering if any of you guys out there, more savvy and experienced, could tell me a safe and kind of easy way to route a live wire to the lighter. I don't know the first thing about removing the dashboard fascia or what point I can run the wire from, but I'm good at following directions.
Thanks.
E.

·
Registered
40 Posts
You could tap quite a few wires under the dash or run straight from the battery, but you're probably better off hardwiring your charger than converting the power socket to constant power, just in case a high draw device ever gets plugged into it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You could tap quite a few wires under the dash or run straight from the battery, but you're probably better off hardwiring your charger than converting the power socket to constant power, just in case a high draw device ever gets plugged into it.
Thanks for the reply. That's a good piece of advice. I would still need to know how to unlatch the dash and the color of a live wire. Any pointers? Thanks

·
Premium Member
2015 Kia Soul + / Bright Silver / 2.0L (GDI) 4-Cyl Engine 6-Speed Automatic Trans
3,001 Posts
I pulled off the center stack and ran a new fused wire off the 12+ constant off the radio harness. Then ran the stock switched wires to the back of the center stack and put an outlet for the kids to keep their iPod charged.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I pulled off the center stack and ran a new fused wire off the 12+ constant off the radio harness. Then ran the stock switched wires to the back of the center stack and put an outlet for the kids to keep their iPod charged.
Rodville, have you posted the how-to photo essay here or on Soul Hamsters?

·
Premium Member
2015 Kia Soul + / Bright Silver / 2.0L (GDI) 4-Cyl Engine 6-Speed Automatic Trans
3,001 Posts
No sorry I didn't think about it at the time. If I ever go back in I will snap some pic's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts