Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone ever thought of going after these BS dealerships with an attorney? It would seem to me that you could save a whole lot of wasted time, effort and money by having a Lemon Law attorney go after these guys.

Check out this link, Lemon Law America There are Lemon Laws for every state and DC as well. You would be amazed how they will come off their high horse with a threat, or in some cases, the invocation of a very public legal action. Here is a link worth taking a look at. http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/business/adv/bus01.shtm

The Uniform Commercial Code or UCC has been enacted in all 50 states and some of the territories of the United States. It is the primary source of law in all contracts dealing with the sale of products. The TARR refers to Tender, Acceptance, Rejection, Revocation and applies to different aspects of the consumer's "relationship" with the purchased goods.

I filed against a Chevy dealership and GM a number of years ago. The reward was well worth the trouble is all I am allowed to say about the action to this day.

·
Premium Member
2015 Kia Soul + / Bright Silver / 2.0L (GDI) 4-Cyl Engine 6-Speed Automatic Trans
3,023 Posts
That would be great if that law covered the interior plastic's but as far as I can tell it does not. :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine has been in the shop now for the 4th time. It now needs a fuel tank pressure sensor after it already had the cannister close valve & fuel tank air filter replaced. I just purchased it July 31st. Check engine light has been on since about the 2nd to 3rd week after purchasing. Do you think it qualifies?!

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
That would be great if that law covered the interior plastic's but as far as I can tell it does not. :(
fwtiw and speaking with experience - you may not be able to get kia to take car back or get a new car but the interior is covered b/c it lessens the value so you might wanna let kia know that you are considering an attorney to get the money to replace the interior and/or depending on the small claims court system in your area, you can always take em to small claims court to recover the money... might wanna check out the consumer protection laws b/c this combined with the warranty will probably be enough to push kia into replacing your interior rather than paying an attorney to defend themselves and most especially if you initiate a claim without an attorney in small claims court ;)

ps - if you don't wanna mess with it on your own then can't hurt to talk with a lemon law attorney b/c they make money either way and you pay nada and i can also tell you that kia will probably come back with a settlement offer and/or offer to repair your car, and the attorney will still get his/her money.. also have the attorney general to help if you don't wanna go the attorney route and most businesses do not mess around when it comes to this office - remember spending many-many months trying to work towards a resolution with one particular phone company that this office was able to resolve in a matter of weeks....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Speaking as a retired officer of the court, I can tell you this, A person that represents themselves in a court of law has a fool for a client. Period.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
^^ lol think that depends on the person/fool's mind....can't mention the big business but deliberately filed a small claim to force company to have an attorney present (spend money lol) and i won... However, the fools didn't leave well enough alone and appealed but through their p/o's and my legal education via the internet, i filed an amended complaint which closed all doors for any possible legal argument and had em coming back with a settlement rather than go to court and look completely ridiculous... bottom line - small claims court was designed for folks with small damages that don't need an attorney to present the facts >> TRUTH but attorneys try to scare folks into believing they can't do something without their help.. not to mention, we aren't talking a bunch of money here for an interior so would bet that kia will opt to do the interior rather than pay an attorney and then have to do the interior too....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Take note: When you have this many folks with the same problems, it's called class action law suit. However, in my case with a Chevy dealer and GM, it was something the dealer didn't do on delivery of the vehical to me, that caused an accident. GM did not follow up to make sure their dealers were doing the adjustments as directed. So, yep, had a lawyer (or two), won the case, changed my life. Some of the problems I'm reading about here fit in the relm of class action type of problems. No matter how small they are. Also, the Pen is mightier than the Sword.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
class actions are definitely something to do to rock a business but many times the process can take a very long time and the consumer receives the short end of the stick .. imo - best to try getting yourself taken care of first b/c you can always initiate a class action afterward if you wanna really put the screws to a company.. internet access is a valuable tool to gather others that are interested and most especially if you have a website with a blog lol

·
Registered
114 Posts
class action suits are a joke...

the only way to win is if A LOT of people join...

then, if you win: each of you get a 1 dollar check in the mail...

sweet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Update on my issue! Car was in for the 4th time since I purchased July 31st, dealer called and were going to meet me to exchange my car for the loaner I had been driving. They were 20 miles into the drive and the check engine light is on again. So now we are on #5, needless to say........they will be giving me a different vehicle and NOT A SOUL. After reading everything on this site, I am going to opt for a Sorento or Sportage......hopefully no problems there!

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
^^ lucky you and congrats BUT i am a little jealous and so wish my issue was not intermittent and could be duplicated like yours :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
Newest update on my issue.....car was coming back on Friday (light came on) so the dealer took it back AGAIN! Received a call today and they think they found an issue and believe it is fixed. Supposedly there was a spider & cobweb in the mass air flow sensor. Now, I do not know anything about cars......is this really possible to cause this many problems??? It has been in the shop now 5 times and they just now figured it out?? My next question is, will this fix the problem for good or will it be back in? UGGGHHHHHH so frustrating!

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
laughing - that must have been some killer spider in there and/or kia cars are more sensitive than any of us realize.. all jokes aside - that is strange and wonder how it lived in there and did they fix it so it can't happen again and are they gonna keep on covering it if another one takes up residence???

·
Registered
10 Posts
LOL I had to laugh at that! I was totally thinking the same thing. The problems started August 27....so it has been in there awhile! According to them on the phone, they think it may have been there before it even ended up on their lot...whatever! They took the part off another vehicle and replaced mine.....hopefully the issue is gone and the creatures stay out of my car (inside & out)!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sour lemons

I have had to go to the BBB and Dept of Consumer Affairs to get my car repaired. The bumper is falling off since most of my clips are busted and they stated I was in an accident which I was not. There is no front end damage at all. My brakes locked up and I could not move the car for about an hour before they released. My car pulls to the left, my left turn signal does not shut off after completing turn and the car revs at higher speeds. Right now Kia does not want to take my car back, but I am trying to fight it. I also was denied a rental car while my repairs were being completed for the locked brakes until the BBB called and then they let me have one. They wanted to send one of their technicians out to test drive my car and let me know if it is OK. I am sure they will find nothing wrong, they usually do. My dealership could not even balance tires right either. I am regretting buying this car.

·
Registered
53 Posts
we are talking about inconsistancy here!when i was doing my training i was told after a series of **** ups and digruntled customers that i was "consistent if nothing else", amazingly i muddled through and became quite good at what i do ,but in the meantime i had what i call "bad days " i believe this is what we are seeing here, inconsistency the period when things are hopefully on the up but glitches still happen control of quality cannot be monitored fully ,because the random checks do not cover all the steps of production of each car.we all know in the jobs we do that if so wished a corner could cut here and there and im sure car production is no different the car is only a sum of its parts and the whole lot will fall down if the cars builders or its parts or the people that give you the keys s dont do their jobs 100%,it of course you get the usual budget car etc etc but it has to be said the car is still in its infancy and we will never be told the mistakes that have been spotted and either ignoerd of modified on the production line as that would an admission of guilt by kia and lay thmselves wide open for claims etc but i wont be in such a hurry to be a guinea (hamster)pig again!

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
am not so sure all that much is going to change with kia anytime soon b/c there motto is growing their business via pumping out new designs, which no doubt, they have been doing pretty well... however, really think they need to slow down and focus more on quality b/c if they don't then it's probably going to be more of the same with all their new models - some good and some bad, and when sales drop then say good-bye to that particular model, and hello to another new one.. not to mention - not so sure how all these recalls along with their way of handling the customer is doing all that much to change consumer sentiment or their reputation, and one would think they would have learned something from their past or their owner hyundai, and/or hyundai would have set them straight lol....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts