Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was under the impression that the '14 Soul came with em... is that not true? I watched a lot of YouTube vidz before I bought mine, and they all had DRLs... was it like a pre-production thing???

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
The 2014 Exclaims come with "Positioning Lights". These are the lights in the "eyebrows", if you will, over the headlamps. On the basic Exclaim these are tube type lights but on the WS package they are LED lights. They are turned on with the first position of the headlight switch and are illuminated with the parking or running lights, they are not DRLs in that they do not come on independently or automatically when the car is running.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I was under the impression that the '14 Soul came with em... is that not true? I watched a lot of YouTube vidz before I bought mine, and they all had DRLs... was it like a pre-production thing???
They do not come on in the headlight auto position but if you turn the headlight to the first position they come on. I just leave the headlight switch in that first position unless it's night or raining then turn on the headlights. (CA has state law if windshield wipers are on then headlights must be on WITH tail lights on as well. The tail lights do not function with the LED eyebrows on.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They do not come on in the headlight auto position but if you turn the headlight to the first position they come on. I just leave the headlight switch in that first position unless it's night or raining then turn on the headlights. (CA has state law if windshield wipers are on then headlights must be on WITH tail lights on as well. The tail lights do not function with the LED eyebrows on.
Cool... thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
22 Posts
There has to be a way to get the positioning light to work independently, the socket pin out will tell the tale...just provide the positioning lamp with 12v switched power.

On the DRL subject, as crazy as it seems.....the DRL fuse cavity is filled....with it's 10A fuse...I bet the wiring is all there missing some termination(s). Even so, I would rather the positioning lights as my DRL's any day over traditional DRL's.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Is the original poster asking about a 2014 Soul model ?

Then people keep on blabbing.

isn't this the "Soul Generation Discussion (Gen1)"

WTH is going on!

is not a 2014 model Soul supposed to be Generation 2 ?

I demand that the original poster updates and states exactly what model is involved in the question.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts