Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the only option the + should of added. I noticed on some pic at kia soul.com that they show the + with a leather wrapped steering wheel. This should of been standard on ALL Souls. But it's not a big deal I went out and bought a leather steering wheel cover, had to return a few before I got the right fit. This love the car!! Man I love driving this car more then any other car I have owned, I'm 36 and I have had a lot of cars, This one is by far the best one.

I just hate it when it rains!

·
Registered
448 Posts
So I don't have to hit the store a few times, what brand whatever did you end up with?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Leather-wrapped Steering Wheel

This is the only option the + should of added. I noticed on some pic at kia soul.com that they show the + with a leather wrapped steering wheel. This should of been standard on ALL Souls. But it's not a big deal I went out and bought a leather steering wheel cover, had to return a few before I got the right fit. This love the car!! Man I love driving this car more then any other car I have owned, I'm 36 and I have had a lot of cars, This one is by far the best one.

I just hate it when it rains!

I, like others who have US Soul +s, have to deal with the Rubbermaid steering wheel on our otherwise cool cars. Please tell us where you got the leather steering wheel wrapping and please post a picture.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Actually, the "leather" on this steering wheel sucks! It feels more like plastic imo.
As stated before in a different thread on this very subject, I for one have to completely disagree.
In terms of ergonomics and functionality as well as resistance to scuffs and scratches, this steering wheel is quite excellent, actually. Function over form perhaps, but it works like a charm.
Kris

·
Registered
117 Posts
As stated before in a different thread on this very subject, I for one have to completely disagree.
In terms of ergonomics and functionality as well as resistance to scuffs and scratches, this steering wheel is quite excellent, actually. Function over form perhaps, but it works like a charm.
Kris
I agree as well. It's not terribly fancy but it's certainly nicer than the steering wheels in some other cars. I like the texture/grip on it and just the feel in general.

Although, I love the $650+ carbon fiber steering wheel assembly on KAI. If only I could justify spending that much...

·
Registered
19 Posts
It's not that it sucks so much as it just doesn't have that leather feel. If nobody told you it was leather you wouldn't even know

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just got the Kia Soul 4u (Canadian !) and I hate the steering wheel too! The feel is lousy, the grip is lousy and there are no finger grips on the opposite side of the wheel. I prefer the base steering wheel which actually has a good grip.

The wheel is supposed to be leather but I think they substituted "Pleather" on the Canadian model.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
The Canadain model has a leather steering wheel....its called Buffalo leather...long wearing unlike the leather in the luxury car which eventually crack and split and don't wear very well over time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
NoBoZoS:

Thanks.

I believe water buffalo is a common farm animal in Korea so that makes sense. I guess I am just not used to the stiffer hide.

I wonder if a leather conditioner of some sort would soften ir up just a little.

·
Registered
845 Posts
wow are you people picky

that is one of the nicest steering wheels to date i have seen

as said b4 soft leather gets brittle cracks and looks basically like poopoo after 1-2 years and who wants those retarded finger grip things i don't put my hands in the same spot as you and would find it highly miserable to have my fingers be told where to go instead of whats comfortable

leathers are different theyr'e not all supposed to be this crazy supple stuff that feels like your touching your genitalia

its supoosed to promote grip but not too much and look good doing it
if your hands slide around you need to exfoliate

·
Premium Member
2015 Kia Soul + / Bright Silver / 2.0L (GDI) 4-Cyl Engine 6-Speed Automatic Trans
3,005 Posts
I never noticed the texture of the wheel. I am always too busy playing with the buttons :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts