Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have a 2016 kia soul + with the signature package 2.0. I work nights so tonight when I was driving home my driver seat was cooking my back side as well as my lower back. I have leather seats in the car but there is no heated option. I was little sweaty from working as I work on the Ambulance. my car was in the parking lot from 3pm to 4am and I have a sun shade that I put up long with dark tinted windows. It really felt like heat was coming through the seat and started to worry me. all of my controls worked fine and it did get a little better when I reduced the amount of the lumbar but it freaked me out. any ideas. I normal start my car via remote and have the air going inside before I get it in. I also live in Mississippi so it always hot here but was on 80 when I left work.

I don't need my car to catch fire me while driving.

Thanks so much your input

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Thanks for the replies lol. I don't have those buttons thats why I am writing in
Not that I don't believe, but can you post a pic of your dash? I've never seen a Signature 2 package. Also, perhaps it controls from the stereo in 2016 models, many cars are moving to that. Wouldn't make any sense to have leather seats, but no heat/cool option.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,156 Posts
Signature 2.0 Special Edition Package
- Two-tone roof treatment
- 18" Split Spoke Wheels
- Black and Tan Leather Interior
- AVN 4.0 Navigation
- Projector headlights

heated seats optional so you would have to get the Primo Package (on the Plus model) to get the front and rear heated seats and front ventilated ones.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok so I thought that I would update. After having some co-workers drive the car and them notice the seat was getting warm I was about to remove the fuse to the power seat until I could get it to the dealership. As I was looking for the correct Fuse I found seat warmer buttons on the front of the seat at the bottom. The switch had be turned on probably by accident. Now I bought the car used from a dealer it had 3800 miles on it. at no time did they tell me that it had heated seats. I believe they are after market warmers however as nice as it is I need to know about what it does to my warranty? Not very happy if I find out that it voids the warranty on certain parts of car now. and advice?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
One of those cross that bridge when you come to it type of situations. If it's properly installed and certified by the dealer when the car was sold, I don't see why would it effect any parts of the warranty. At the most, your seat warmers probably don't have a warranty.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,156 Posts
Ok so I thought that I would update. After having some co-workers drive the car and them notice the seat was getting warm I was about to remove the fuse to the power seat until I could get it to the dealership. As I was looking for the correct Fuse I found seat warmer buttons on the front of the seat at the bottom. The switch had be turned on probably by accident. Now I bought the car used from a dealer it had 3800 miles on it. at no time did they tell me that it had heated seats. I believe they are after market warmers however as nice as it is I need to know about what it does to my warranty? Not very happy if I find out that it voids the warranty on certain parts of car now. and advice?
thanks for clearing that up with your feedback, yes it would definitely be aftermarket as the OEM seat warmers are mounted in the dash at each end of the climate controls as shown on the photo in post #4 and as I indicated above your model package does not get them as a standard feature.

It would have no effect on your warranty unless its shown at some later date that if you have problems with the electrics or wiring in the vehicle that its been caused by the poor installation of this aftermarket unit - this would apply to anything that is installed on the vehicle - its only logical, KIA is not going to pick up the tab if they didn't cause the problem :sneakiness:.

·
Premium Member
2017 KIA Soul base, Titanium. Bought some better taars.
2,616 Posts
OK, I guess we won't be calling you Hot Pants, then.:saturn:

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
This goes for anything warrenty related. If you add or make changes and something happens where a repair is needed the manufacturer must prove it was what you did that caused the problem. They may try and claim it but they have to prove it if you push them. What changes can do is lengthen the time to get something fixed if there is a dispute of what caused the problem the manufacturer or the added accessory.
Btw it is possible the dealer had no idea heated seats were added - you just found it and they didn't even drive the car much.

·
Registered
44 Posts
btw, that is my favorite Soul interior color. I wish I could have gotten it. By the time I was ready to buy, there were no more of them in my area. I had to settle for the black and grey.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts