Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just a few days after we welcomed Soul home, the tire pressure light was on (a luxery I had never had before!!!) so I filled it thinking since it was new it was just from being driven or something. I don't know I'm not good with that stuff, I just try out different excuses :) Anyway, long story short, I fill it and hours later it's friggen low again. Grrr. Got to the point where it was nearly flat! Are tires included in the warrenty? I'm calling the dealer today, wanted the hubby too (no one messes around with him) but his hours are so odd that we just can't seem to get the time.

I already had a beef with the dealership, not only have we still not received the cargo net and touch up pen that we've paid for, but they owe me a second key. Told me to come down to the city and they'd get it for me, took the 40 some odd minute ride down there......and they asked me to come back next week, that they were out of keys. Huh? Didn't you just ask me to come in now?? Mom's don't have time for that stuff!! ha, oh well!

Anyway, can't have tire problems already!! My purse is running out of quarters!!

·
Banned
587 Posts
if you have steel wheels, suspect the tire -

if you have alloy wheels, suspect the tire OR the wheel -

the quickest and surest way to determine where the fault lies is in a full-submergence tank -

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
the quickest and surest way to determine where the fault lies is in a full-submergence tank -[/QUOTE]

OR, jack it up so you can rotate the tire, fill a spray bottle with water and a little dish soap, air the tire up to 40-50 psi or so, spray tire, bead and wheel until you see bubbles.

·
Banned
587 Posts
the quickest and surest way to determine where the fault lies is in a full-submergence tank -
OR, jack it up so you can rotate the tire, fill a spray bottle with water and a little dish soap, air the tire up to 40-50 psi or so, spray tire, bead and wheel until you see bubbles.[/QUOTE]

true - that usually does work - the tank always works -

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
............... Got to the point where it was nearly flat! Are tires included in the warrenty? I'm calling the dealer today, ...............!!
Call Roadside Assistance & have them put the spare on
Have the dealer fix or replace tire/rim/valve/tps or what ever is slow leaking
Yes, all these are under WARR.

If you hit a curb & damaged tire or rim , No Warranty
If you picked up a nail , No Warranty

·
Registered
595 Posts
^^^^^ Now, that is good advice.

It isn't your job to determine where the leak is, unless you are also going to fix it. You will still have to remove it, if it is leaking badly, you can't drive on it. Put the spare on.

The car is brand new, take Soul Rush's advice.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys I appreciate it all. I don't know if I'm capable of figuring out where the leak is, but I appreciate knowing how to find out! ;) But being the mommy of a one year old, I'll let the dealer handle it. I didn't call yet....gah! But it needs to get done!! And thanks Soul Rush that's great to know! I will call tomorrow for sure! And I need those other extras anyway!!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dang!!! It ended up being a nail, just days after I got it! Gah!! Guy said it was in there good! But....the guy said he forgot to write it up so there was no charge. Probably the nicest thing that anyone did at the dealer, because it was a hassle getting the cargo net! But anyway, no more stopping for air for hopefully a long while!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts