Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, at first I thought I was going to stay with 18s and even bought a set of Avenue A602 wheels in black and silver that I ended up sending back because I was not sold on that size and had all along also been contemplating 16s and then the selling dealer made the decision easy for me when they offered to take back my 18" OEM 2012 Exclaim alloys and Hankook Optimo H426s for a great price.

So I made the switch to 16s and upsized to some Michelin Primacy MXM4s in 215 55 16 and 16 x 7 Konig Lace wheels. I'm loving them. The cool part is the 16" Konig wheels and Michelin tires together cost the same as the Michelin tires alone in the 18 inch size!

Special thanks to Joe at DTD for a great deal and some encouragement when at first I was a little concerned about the difference in looks between the 18s and 16s, but now I'm very pleased. Ride is superb, quiet, smooth and with no more short wheel base wheel hop I noticed at times with the 18s.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,136 Posts
Great choice on size and wheel type, they look GREAT! :cool:

Reactions: Darklight

·
Premium Member
2017 KIA Soul base, Titanium. Bought some better taars.
2,658 Posts
Well, at first I thought I was going to stay with 18s and even bought a set of Avenue A602 wheels in black and silver that I ended up sending back because I was not sold on that size and had all along also been contemplating 16s and then the selling dealer made the decision easy for me when they offered to take back my 18" OEM 2012 Exclaim alloys and Hankook Optimo H426s for a great price.

So I made the switch to 16s and upsized to some Michelin Primacy MXM4s in 215 55 16 and 16 x 7 Konig Lace wheels. I'm loving them. The cool part is the 16" Konig wheels and Michelin tires together cost the same as the Michelin tires alone in the 18 inch size!

Special thanks to Joe at DTD for a great deal and some encouragement when at first I was a little concerned about the difference in looks between the 18s and 16s, but now I'm very pleased. Ride is superb, quiet, smooth and with no more short wheel base wheel hop I noticed at times with the 18s.

I've been playing with 17" tires and wheels, because IF I pop for a Soul it'll likely be the !.
Not crazy about the soulsoulsoulsoul upholstery on the +, and the ! has some nice toys.

I haven't driven a base, but that too is a possibility.
It seems to run OK on paper, the 1.6 GDI is as quick as a Forte 2.4 (both 6-A), according to Car and Driver tests.
That doesn't make sense but all I can do is read the numbers.

Not crazy about the 18s or the Hankooks, which are at the low end of Tire Rack driver ratings.

Hadn't thought of going to 16s. You sized them based off the 18s, right? The ! has a different final drive vs. the base and the +. Sixteens should save $$ and weight.

We have MXV4 on our 200 V6 and they are great tires. That's what I'd pop for if buying new tires today.

Saw my old OEM 18" tires and wheels at the dealer today mounted on a base model with a $1295 add on sticker. ;)
Everybody wins! Of course, their speedo will be off unless the dealer did some tinkering...

·
Registered
209 Posts
I bought the plus because it was the only way to get a stick and 2.0 liter engine. After driving the automatic, I was less than enthused. To make up for the pluss's major shortcomings, I had the dealer install aftermarket leather seats and a sunroof which are terrific. They added only $2k to the price which was wrapped into the car loan.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I bought the Plus, but went with the automatic because couldn't get cruise or the nicer radio with the stick. Kind of wish I had bought the stick and upgrade to cruise and a better radio afterwards. Water under the bridge I guess.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts