Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ahh, now his/her comments in the service work order make sense. They typed they change the plug wiring.

Thanks bwdz75.

Jim

PS to add: bwdz75 I'm sure glad you're on this forum and respond with meaningful, relevant and logical answers to this board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
I've driven from just several hundred feet above sea level, to the top of Pikes Peak, several times, in different vehicles, using standard Carburetors. To be efficient, or even tolerable at high altitude, the engine would have to be RE-Tuned.
The advantage of our Computer controlled engine, is that it's constantly being "tuned" many times per minute.
So the fuel that worked fine at low altitude, should logically still work OK at High Altitude.
I'd love to make the trip to Colorado again, and prove that for myself.
I've not been up Pikes Peak, since they paved the road. That old gravel road was a real PITA!
But I loved driving up Mt Evans, because that road was 100% paved, all the way to the top. It's also higher than Pikes Peak.
Last time I was up there, in July, I got snowed on. lol
Cheers Mates!
FLH :cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
If I had to guess they didn't plug it back in
The recall has you unplug the sensor and plug in the device that plugs into the tablet to interpret the noise reading from the sensor. Pop your hood, walk over to the passenger side and look down, the sensor plugs in kind of just below the intake. It's a tight squeeze between the overflow bottle and the intake to get at it, see if you see the plug just sitting there.
OMG this is so spot on, you are a life saver. I had my Soul2020 2.0 serviced today at the dealer for pistol ring recall. The exact same thing happened as I was driving home. Plug in the scanner and that code showed up. Panic. I have a long road trip ahead on thanksgiving. Then I looked up and found this thread. Popped the hood, and there that light blue plug was hanging lose laughing at me.

This is becoming way too common. They need to add "Do not forget to put the plug back in" on that recall bulletin

Thanks a bunch again!

·
Registered
2020 GT-White
251 Posts
OMG this is so spot on, you are a life saver. I had my Soul2020 2.0 serviced today at the dealer for pistol ring recall. The exact same thing happened as I was driving home. Plug in the scanner and that code showed up. Panic. I have a long road trip ahead on thanksgiving. Then I looked up and found this thread. Popped the hood, and there that light blue plug was hanging lose laughing at me.

This is becoming way too common. They need to add "Do not forget to put the plug back in" on that recall bulletin

Thanks a bunch again!
These are the professionals working on our cars.....

·
Registered
426 Posts
I've seen that on here several times. Are the Kia techs just too lazy to plug it back up? As a tech in a dealership the worst thing you can have is come backs. I know in gm dealers you are graded on csi. If you have too many comebacks you get canned.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I've seen that on here several times. Are the Kia techs just too lazy to plug it back up? As a tech in a dealership the worst thing you can have is come backs. I know in gm dealers you are graded on csi. If you have too many comebacks you get canned.
CSI is KSI at Kia they just call it Kia satisfaction index. Yes that is in play, not sure the consumer can access their dealer's score and to be perfectly frank I have worked at shops that purposely would change a difficult customer's email address in the database just so they don't fill out a survey and bring the shop's score up. Yes Kia will flag all VINs with multiple warranty orders etc.. and the service manager will have a chat with the tech, at least at any decent dealership. I suppose if one could access that information that would be a much more accurate gauge of the quality of work and diagnosis at that shop but only managers can access it and I am sure the DPSM is always looking over it.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts