Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone been tampering with the «centre headlight» to get a Knight rider or Cylon centurion type of pulsating light? I think that's the only thing missing on my new EV. (Yes I said EV. In Norway we only have two options: 39kwh or 64kwh. No ICE versions are imported. And when you try the 69kwh 204bhp EV, why would you ever want anything else?)

·
Registered
2017 Base/auto, Shadow Black (Betsy)
558 Posts
I'm jealous,
Welcome to the forum asylta,
Don't see these in the U.S.A.
LED's should work, somehow. Good luck with the project. I hope other 2020 EV owners respond.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crossing my fingers someone makes a replacement part for the middel section og the lights. With the following modes:
1. Complete the line from one DRL light to the one on the other side, with similar colour and brightness. (Like the Rivian)
2. Pulsing red/green/blue/white glow like KITT in Knight rider, or the Cylon Centurions from Battlestar Galactica.

prefrably a simple, swap out the original part for the custom one, and conect the wires to the 12v battery. A sleek smal remote for changing mode or colour with automatic «on in same mode as last used».

·
Registered
34 Posts
Crossing my fingers someone makes a replacement part for the middel section og the lights. With the following modes:
1. Complete the line from one DRL light to the one on the other side, with similar colour and brightness. (Like the Rivian)
2. Pulsing red/green/blue/white glow like KITT in Knight rider, or the Cylon Centurions from Battlestar Galactica.

prefrably a simple, swap out the original part for the custom one, and conect the wires to the 12v battery. A sleek smal remote for changing mode or colour with automatic «on in same mode as last used».
Best EV on the market. !'m jealous! Hope third party aftermarket parts become more available for 2020's. There was a lot more available for my 2015. Norway is a beautiful place to take a picture.

·
Registered
2020 Soul with 3 pedals
9 Posts
I am jealous. I have not seen any EV available here in Texas, hopefully later in the future. Norway just looks really beautiful

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul EX Designer Package in Cherry Black
5 Posts
I have an EX here in the US and that center strip doesn’t appear to light up

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone been tampering with the «centre headlight» to get a Knight rider or Cylon centurion type of pulsating light? I think that's the only thing missing on my new EV. (Yes I said EV. In Norway we only have two options: 39kwh or 64kwh. No ICE versions are imported. And when you try the 69kwh 204bhp EV, why would you ever want anything else?) View attachment 133545
I'm in Canada - Have the same car in black. 64 kwh.

In Canada we don't get to have the roof rails ( 🙁 ) or electric folding mirrors, but we do get a sunroof.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts