Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have been meaning to install a set of Kia splash guards (the small, molded ones) on my 2013 Soul, but I have a question. Is there anything I should put on the metal/finish that will be under the splash guard to help keep the corrosion and rust out? Has anyone else installed these and noticed if they fit tightly to the body or is there room for moisture to escape? I was wondering if I should add another layer of wax to this area of the wheel well fender before mounting the guards.

Thanks!
Fred

·
Registered
847 Posts
If you can just put some good wax on that part of the car and you should be all set. The only thing that will really help with the rear wheels is a good short right angle Phillips screwdriver something like the pic below. There is very little room between the tire and the car for a screwdriver. You should be able to find them at an auto parts store for under ten bucks for the set.. Hops this helps.

Mark

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,415 Posts
I ended up taking the 2 back tires off in order to install the rear mudflaps, one because I ran out of French words to say and two, could not find that dang S shaped phillips head. As I was finishing up & tightening the last lug nut, guess what I saw hiding in the corner of the tool box?

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,156 Posts
As these mudflaps are standard on all Canadian KIA's and have been for many years. They were standard back in 2007 when I bought my '08 Rondo, having said that, I can't say that have really noticed any particular problems with rust or corrosion in that area.

It's probably very unlikely that most Canadian owners would ever remove the OEM mudflaps at any time. Keeping it clean and rinsed in areas where there is salt would be important.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I installed the set of four on my own Soul (2013) with only a shorty Phillips and a 6" Phillips.
I did turn the front tires toward the inside to get more room to work. It was a very fast and easy install.
Much easier than the 'Nose Guard' that I installed myself.

Cheers Mate!
TechnoMage :cool:

The outer screws are actually easy to get to. I used my electric screw driver for those.

·
Premium Member
2017 KIA Soul base, Titanium. Bought some better taars.
2,618 Posts
Hello,

I have been meaning to install a set of Kia splash guards (the small, molded ones) on my 2013 Soul, but I have a question. Is there anything I should put on the metal/finish that will be under the splash guard to help keep the corrosion and rust out? Has anyone else installed these and noticed if they fit tightly to the body or is there room for moisture to escape? I was wondering if I should add another layer of wax to this area of the wheel well fender before mounting the guards.

Thanks!
Fred
No metal there.

I installed the set of four on my own Soul (2013) with only a shorty Phillips and a 6" Phillips.
I did turn the front tires toward the inside to get more room to work. It was a very fast and easy install.
Much easier than the 'Nose Guard' that I installed myself.

Cheers Mate!
TechnoMage :cool:

The outer screws are actually easy to get to. I used my electric screw driver for those.
Well done, Techno!

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,156 Posts
Looks great! I was wondering what are the dimensions on those guards? I was thinking of making some out of some older bigger flaps I have laying around.
you already posted a separate thread on the same question.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts