Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Great news from Autoblog and Automotivenews.com!

According to Automotive News, the Kia Soul'ster concept garnered a fair amount of praise at the Detroit Auto Show. So much so, that the automaker is considering producing the two-door pickup variant of Kia's new xB competitor.

Kia Motors America spokesperson, Alex Fedorak, said, "the response was so overwhelming" that production is a possibility. Although the Soul'ster was strictly a design study, the Soulamino was created "in a fashion that was production-capable."

At this point, Kia execs haven't given the Soul pickup the green-light, but if the boxy five-door version does well after it goes on sale March 1st, we may see the front-wheel-drive pseudo-'ute make it to market in a few years.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm not surprised at all himi. I heard rumors a few weeks ago that Kia was considering producing the Soulster, but dismissed them after a while as just rumor. Now, the rumors may be true. We might see this car in the spring of 2010.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Automotive news seems to be a credible source and if they say so, this could be true.

So when do you think the Soulster could be brought to the market? In a year or would it take longer?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Kia seems much quicker on it's feet than most auto manufacturers. They seem to react quickly to imput from the press and public........they asked Lotus to help with the Soul's suspension problems almost immediately. So, if they decide to go ahead with the Soulster, I would expect it to arrive next spring.

·
Registered
103 Posts
i would say that it will arrive in 2 years.... remember the soul concept was in 2006... and the Koup is arriving in september (source "kia dealer in montreal")

·
Registered
62 Posts
The advantage of the Soulster is it's based on an already existing car...the Soul. The Soul concept wasn't based on anything that was being produced. That said, I still believe it will arrive next spring.... in some markets.....but North America probably won't see it till later in the year.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you ask me, the Soulster will be made especially for the US market. I don't see many of them sold here in Europe. It's a question if the Soulster would even reach the Europe.

So if Kia decides to launch it, then they will, in my opinion, first do it in the US and Canada market. Of course, Korea would be included since Soulster would be made there.

The Soulster, Kia debut at NAIAS is still looking as a true concept and when it comes to the market, it will receive some styling tweaks. But it will look like one of these here:

Which one do you like to see made into production? I prefer the third one.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I like the last one himi, the others look too square. I think America is the obvious market for the Soulster too, but I think they will be on the roads of Korea and Japan before they ever reach the States.....assuming the are produced at all.
Only time will tell.

Attachments

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
but I think they will be on the roads of Korea and Japan
Well yeah, Korea will get them first, but not Japan. I think Kia has whithdrawn from the market, or they only sell a those few units, that are not worth to mention, each month.

We have absolutely no sales data from Japan.

Back to the Soulster, I think it should get the same interior as seen on concept vehicle and perhaps a 1,6L Turbo engine (175hp) which will soon find it's way to Kias, but first, ofcourse will be Hyundai to benefit from the new unit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts