Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
curb weight

Greg,

Thanks for the Soul 2.0 engine curb weight specs. I will be interested in the 1.6 because I now drive a Scion 1.5, which is enuf power for me.

Later, Zec

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
2.0L Manual: 2,833
2.0L Auto: 2,886
-
Still no word on the 1.6 weight.
Greg, where did you find these curb weights? I haven't be able to locate anything myself on the Kia websites. The last weight looks like the exact figure for the Spectra5.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Actually, It is EXACTLY the same as the Spectra5. I got the specs from a trusted source like I explaned in the PM. What are the odds, huh?

·
Registered
62 Posts
That would be a strange coincidence. I hope your contact was reading the specs for the Soul, and not the Spectra.:confused:

·
Registered
556 Posts
I just finished talking to Dave. He said that he was mistakenly reading the Spectra5, and he sends his apologies. He will not give an exact figure, but he promises that it will be between 2,700 and 2,800.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Okay....that makes sense. Thanks Greg for double-checking. I wonder why he is so confident of the 2700-2800
figure? I guess we will just have to go with it as a working figure for now. It doesn't seem unreasonable.....unlike the 3,150 I encountered yesterday...which was given as an estimate.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I hate it when people try to estimate or assume things. Thanks for the info Ratdaddy.

·
Registered
619 Posts

Here's the official information about the Soul's weight and a few other data, such as fuel consumption, transmission and CO2 output.

This is cut out from official Soul brochure, so numbers must be accurate!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Could you translate to..........not metric? I guess I could, but it won't be until later.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thank you himi.......looks like 2,827 for the 2.0 if I'm reading it right. I assume thats for the manual, but I can't read Korean. The only strange thing is this: the weight for one of the 1.6 liter versions is the SAME as the 2.0....1,285 kg.:confused: Is that the diesel maybe?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Is that the diesel maybe?
Correct Soulman! That one is for the Soul equipped with diesel engine.

First and second column show the weight of Soul equipped with 1,6L gasoline engine (manual I automatic transmission), third column shows 2,0 gasoline Soul, while the third one is for the diesel equipped Soul (again: manual I automatic transmission)

·
Registered
41 Posts
was reading this old post about GVW has anyone actually looked at there sticker on the door???? can't remember the exact number but mine says the GVW is almost 4000 lbs, now I'm not sure if the panoramic sunroof has anything to do with that, but that 4000 lbs is a far cry from 2800

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,156 Posts
was reading this old post about GVW has anyone actually looked at there sticker on the door???? can't remember the exact number but mine says the GVW is almost 4000 lbs, now I'm not sure if the panoramic sunroof has anything to do with that, but that 4000 lbs is a far cry from 2800
GVW and curb weight are not the same thing. GVW = Gross vehicle weight - the total weight the vehicle is safely capable of handling: passengers, fuel, accessories, luggage, etc. Curb weight is with fuel, oil and accessories, that's why the weights will vary from a Base model to a fully equipped Exclaim, but sometimes you just see one figure which is an average.

The Canadian specs I have on the 2015 model gives a minimum and maximum curb weight for all models and also the GVW

1.6L MT minimum curb weight 1231 kg (2714 lbs), maximum 1278 kg (2817 lbs) - GVW 1740 kg, (3836 lbs)
1.6L AT minimum curb weight 1263 kg (2784 lbs), maximum 1307 kg (2881 lbs) - GVW 1770 kg, (3902 lbs)
2.0L At minimum curb weight 1287 kg (2837 lbs), maximum 1406 kg (3100 lbs) - GVW 1860 kg, (4101 lbs)

·
Registered
41 Posts
my sticker has GAWR FRONT 2249... REAR 2028... GVWR 4101... so what you are saying is the curb weight is the actual weight of the vehicle which is not on the sticker??? And the GVWR 4101 is the total the car can weight if put on a scale loaded ????

·
Registered
15,156 Posts
my sticker has GAWR FRONT 2249... REAR 2028... GVWR 4101... so what you are saying is the curb weight is the actual weight of the vehicle which is not on the sticker??? And the GVWR 4101 is the total the car can weight if put on a scale loaded ????
I think that's what I said. GAWR = gross axle weight rating, Also just to be clear curb weight does not include the driver (which would be impossible right).
This is also covered on page 8/5 in your owners manual :sneakiness: and descriptions are explained on page 7/57

here it is on my vehicle

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I find it interesting that the total weight of a Kia Soul is not as much as just the front axle weight of my '66 Oldsmobile Toronado.
That was one heavy beast!

·
Registered
15,156 Posts
I find it interesting that the total weight of a Kia Soul is not as much as just the front axle weight of my '66 Oldsmobile Toronado.
That was one heavy beast!
your could probably park your Soul on the hood of that beast! :fat:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts