Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 Kia Soul + / Bright Silver / 2.0L (GDI) 4-Cyl Engine 6-Speed Automatic Trans
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/08/13/soul-prius-and-insight-earn-iihs-top-safety-pick-awards/

News comes today by way of the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety that the 2010 Kia Soul, Toyota Prius and Honda Insight have all earned the group's coveted Top Safety Pick Award. That means each of the three vehicles managed to score the agency's highest rating of good in front, side, and rear tests and are equipped with electronic stability control (standard on the Prius and Soul, optional on the Insight).

Of course, this news also means that hybrid vehicle shoppers can rest assured knowing whichever hybrid hatchback happens to be on their wish list is a safe bet. See below for our complete galleries of the Kia Soul and Honda Insight being crash tested by the IIHS. No photos of the 2010 Toyota Prius crash test were available from the IIHS.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I went to see the Insight before deciding on the Soul... it may have good crash test ratings, but when I was test driving a Hummer passed next to me coming the other way and quite fast... I didn't feel safe at all in that small car.

·
Registered
278 Posts
yeah the souls insurance is pretty cheap.. there 5 star crash test rating is already in the rates we pay so, I don't think they will go down drastically.. However over time my insurance company does revise its rates based on history of the model of car and will send us refunds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts