Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 253 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wanted more up-to-date auto reliability information that included actual repair rates. So in late 2005 I started getting people together to make this possible. TrueDelta now reports absolute repair rates that make the differences between cars much clearer. Results are updated four times a year, so it's possible to report on new models like the Kia Soul quickly once enough owners sign up to participate.

Participants simply report repairs the month after they occur on a one-page survey. When there are no repairs, they simply report an approximate odometer reading four times a year, at the end of each quarter.

To encourage participation, participants receive full access to all results, not just those for the Soul, free of charge.

For the details, and to sign up to help out:

Car reliability research

Latest results posted below in this thread.

A big thanks to this forum and everyone who participated. Over 100 owners signed up now.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I appreciate it.

Already four owners signed up. Just a start, but not bad considering the Soul only arrived at dealers recently. So I've gone ahead and included the Soul in the main reliability survey.

We will need 25+ responses for a result. So, if you want the quickest possible reliability info on the Soul, please sign up.

Auto reliability research

Attachments

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Registered some time ago...I encourage all Forum members to register....It will allow us to have stats if for some reason we require them one day...say with a service, warranty or recall issue....

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just wanted to let you guys know how awesome you are. Already 17 owners signed up to help! One of the strongest starts I've ever seen.

What this means: if this keeps up, we'll certainly have an initial reliability stat in August.

One possible hang-up: do most people already have their cars, or are most on order?

Either way, if you haven't yet signed up you can read the details here:

Car reliability research

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just signed up!

Added my fuel mileage data for the first two tanks as well. Should have a third tank today after we get done w/ the Mother's Day circuit.

1 - 20 of 253 Posts