Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
SS, I for one have been looking hard online for a brush-bar and a real skid-plate for the soul but no one makes them, Yet. I would like to have my Soul a true trail vehicle, even just FWD it would be a very agile vehicle.
Going back in time again...
If you lived in my eras,the late 50's-60's there was little (or no)aftermarket parts. The word of the day was customize.
This meant in a lot of cases,retro fitting parts from other cars to your car.This was done with body panels,tail lights etc.
Creativity was the key.You found something that sorta matched in scale of what you wanted. You cut,welded,or use
fiberglass to make it work.
Same thing can be done today.
That brush bar could be made for another vehicle but modified to fit the Soul.
I've done much of this with my 350Z. Bought many carbon fiber parts that fit into the plan
of how I wanted the car to look. Some were not available. So,either made them or adapted some
that were made for other cars to fit my car. Trial &error is the negative with this. At times you have
to mock up something,maybe spend some bucks because you think it will work. Look at it.
At times,it comes off as it just was not right.
Thats just the learning process.

It will be right when you think it looks right.
Nobody else can tell you this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would be interested in you kit. If it is solid and not some flimsy made parts. I plan on driving some two tracks in the rockies.

·
Registered
343 Posts
The rear beam axle has the bad habit of wanting to jack up in a turn after it is lifted.This can be very dangerous,especially in an already tall heavy vehicle like the Soul.We attempted to lift a '94 Cavalier two inches for an off road rally,and we quickly became familiar with how bad the beam axle behaves when it's lifted.As the car's weight transfers to the outside wheel,the inside suspension unloads, and quickly raises up at the wheel.This causes the outside suspension to raise up, because the beam axle can only flex so much,and it pitches the rear end up very fast,causing a roll over.Some people refer to this as rear end tripping.Kind of like a small child tripping over it's own feet.If you have ever watched a car with a beam axle really pushed through the curves,you will see that the car's rear inside wheel will lift of the road as the rear of the vehicle raises up.I've done this many times in my '98 Cavalier.The only thing that keeps it from rolling over, is low center of gravity, and extreme body flex through the uni-body.

·
Registered
435 Posts
How does one purchase the lift kit? I have a 2012 Soul that I would like to lift.
He hasn't posted about this in years- I imagine that you could order a set of lift spacers if you knew the dimensions of the top hats of the struts plus the bolt patterns for the front, then also make a set of spring spacers for the rear.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok been reading about all these lifts. But yet to see where I can actually call and order one. Would like 2.5 inch or possable 3 inch lift.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I'd DIY, but at 2.5-3 inches you're going to put the rear twist beam in a really bad spot and the front control arms will probably bind up.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I haven't done it myself so I can't pass judgment on that firsthand, but another member on here put a 2 inch ish lift on his and seemed to have no issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is SWEEET!!! I just got my soul but months before hand i was thinking about lifting it and making it look more rugged! love what you're doing with it and hope to one day buy a kit from you.
  1. Where can I get this lift 2" for my generation 2 soul

41 - 53 of 53 Posts