Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for anyone that doesnt follow SoulHamsters.com. My name is Perry Wilson and I have been working on a lift kit for the kia soul. This kit will be available first in 2" kit with the possibility of a 1" Oil Pan saver kit. Why would someone do such a thing you may ask. A few reasons, looks, snow, offroad use, and stability. I was the first one to run -2.5 inches on a soul, but Im now going the other way, with a 2 inch lift I will be making room for a tire up to 30x9.5r15 on a 15x7 -6 offset wheel. Currently the front components are finished and the rear is soon to follow. pricing has not been finalised but they will be cheap(under 300), with a discount for proof of an alignment. the following photo is before the lift it will actually sit a bit higher and a lot less Poke

here is a photoshop I did quickly for inspiration

Impossible you say?

well here is todays fitting of a 31x10.5r15 on a 15x10 wheel (bigger than I will be running)

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
so sweet. so frickn' sweet. thanks for bringing this to ksf as im not a member of sh anymore.

please keep this thread updated.

this is going to look SO badass. very affordable price too, for some reason i was expecting it to cost 1k+.

awesome work perry, and you're not even done yet!

[sent from the squat rack...]

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is SWEEET!!! I just got my soul but months before hand i was thinking about lifting it and making it look more rugged! love what you're doing with it and hope to one day buy a kit from you.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I'm not a lift kit fan.However,it goes to show you how versatile the Soul is to be able to be converted
into different formats.Stock,lowered,lifted---they all look good.Living in the South,we have are share
of lifted pickups.Having ridden in a few,I just wondered what the ride quality will be in a Soul with
the lift and aggressive off-road tires.You can include the noise from the tire tread.
Of course,the addition of big wheels and tires will mean a big increase in unsprung weight.
Hard to see the little 1.6L engine with MT being able to power all this.Also,as mentioned other
components like wheel bearings,brakes etc.
Any plans to beef up the power supply?
From what I've seen under a Soul,not much is heavy duty.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Isn't that car already top heavy? If this car was awd i'd be slightly on board. I would be on board for more Front Bar accessories though, otherwise seems like a silly car to prepare for off road.

·
Super Moderator
9,510 Posts
Isn't that car already top heavy? If this car was awd i'd be slightly on board. I would be on board for more Front Bar accessories though, otherwise seems like a silly car to prepare for off road.
Now you have done it. Be prepared for a full dissertation on how much off roading can be done with the Soul :)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts