Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
^^ That's the MSRP before federal/state rebate, plus like all other EV at the moment, you will only be able to lease it anyway.

Kia will probably offer substantial discount for leasing agreement maybe a year after it comes out. All the car makers are trying to bump up their EV sales/lease number if they still want to sell their cars in California in a few years. Since CA passed law requiring a certain percentage of all cars sold/leased by each maker be zero emission in order to continuing selling their brand in CA.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I wonder if it's more geared for performance like a Tesla, or more geared for mileage like a Leaf. If the Soul had the massive torque of performance electrics like Tesla vehicles, that would be pretty sweet.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
One thing about the Soul...... it has a monstrous ROOF, a beautiful place for a HUGE Solar Cell Array.
(like the Fisker)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
You can buy the: Nissan Leaf, Mitsubishi i-MIEV, Tesla Model S,Toyota Rav-4 EV, Ford Focus Electric, Chevy Spark EV, and a few more. I forgot about the rebate, but I still find it to be a lot of money for a fast depreciating car.
^^ That's the MSRP before federal/state rebate, plus like all other EV at the moment, you will only be able to lease it anyway.

Kia will probably offer substantial discount for leasing agreement maybe a year after it comes out. All the car makers are trying to bump up their EV sales/lease number if they still want to sell their cars in California in a few years. Since CA passed law requiring a certain percentage of all cars sold/leased by each maker be zero emission in order to continuing selling their brand in CA.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,100 Posts
I like that color! :drool

1 - 14 of 14 Posts