Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day All.

My Kia Soul G4FC Motor had a big end bearing issue.
So after weighing up options i replaced it with a G4FG Motor from a local Scrapyard dealer. He did mention to me that the G4FG WOULD WORK.

All the brackets and fittings is the same, but there two extra censors on the tappet cover that the G4FC motor does not have so there is no wires to plug in on the censors.. My problem is the car does crank over but does not want to start

There is spark and the injectors does light up a test light.
I do smell petrol fumes from the exhaust.
My question is .... Will the ECU BE COMPATIBLE?

I used the original airflow meter and inlet manifold plastic molded box.
Could someone please shed some light on this issue.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I Dont understand.

I had the idea that this forum helps people sort out issues with their Kia motors.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
what's the engine? The engines are not the same worldwide.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
I know that, but that doesn't tell us anything, I've no idea what engine a G4FC motor is - do you?

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I Dont understand.

I had the idea that this forum helps people sort out issues with their Kia motors.
I think what the previous poster meant was that engine replacement is a bit beyond the experience level of the average member here.

I'd start by hooking up a scanner to check whether the ECU has any specific complaints. I'd also try to ascertain what the two sensors on top are for, either by consulting a manual for the G4FG (preferably) or by hooking a scope up to them to try to get a sense for what they're measuring. I think CMP or MAP are obvious possibilities, but I really have no experience with that engine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good day.

Hereby a better discription of the two engines.

1.6 Gamma MPi (G4FC) [edit]
The Gamma MPI version makes 122 hp (91 kW; 124 PS) at 6000 rpm and 115 lb·ft (156 N·m) of torque at 4,200 rpm.
The Gamma II MPI version with dual CVVT (continuous variable valve timing) makes 128 hp (95 kW; 130 PS) at 6000 rpm with 116 lb·ft (157 N·m) of torque at 4,850 rpm.

1.6 Gamma MPi (G4FG)[edit]
The Gamma II MPI version with dual CVVT (continuous variable valve timing) makes 132 hp (98 kW; 134 PS) at 6300 rpm with 116 lb·ft (157 N·m) of torque at 4,850 rpm.
I have put all the old censors and old injectors on the new engine. Still no luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts