Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 kia soul. 114000 miles on it and today after accerlating on an interstate my soul blew out a huge cloud of white smoke and sounded like it wanted to stall out but it didnt, after a few seconds it went back to normal.

I've put a lot of money in repairs the past 3 months (tune up, spark plugs, new brakes, fuel injector cleaner, ignition coil replacement) that the thought of another issue makes my stress level hit 100! Can anyone let me know if this is a serious issue?

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I've seen that before after doing a fuel injection cleaning, right after it though not if it's been some time, some of the cleaner will pool up behind the variable intake flap and when you step on it makes it's way in when the flap opens and puts out a mushroom cloud.

·
Registered
2014 White Exclaim Tallahassee, FL
768 Posts
Sounds like the same thing that happened to me. Here's the thread:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I used the CRC intake cleaner and the same thing happened. I had no real smoke during the process but after it says to run the car a bit and when I hit the accelerator to pull out into traffic there was a big hesitation and a smoke cloud that obscured everything behind me. All I could see in my mirrors was white smoke. After that I started getting a catalytic code of system below efficiency that only cleared up after replacing my O2 sensors. I read about several of these instances when people used cleaner injected into the throttle body or a vacuum hose.

·
Registered
51 Posts
You gulped a handful of oil that was sitting somewhere and the full suction of a wide open throttle flap sucked it in. For ha ha’s, you might want to change the PVC valve. Easy to do and inexpensive.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I hate to tell you this but you are about to find out what a pile of ** Kia is. the same thing happened to me and the engine blew when it slung a rod. You are very lucky that you got that many miles this happened to me at 56143 miles. I had it towed to the dealer here and they confirmed the engine was blown and a slung rod and the bottom of the engine case was full of sludge. The dealer reached out to Kia USA as this is a well-known issue with many Kia's and Hyundai the dealer was aware of the issue. Kia refused to cover anything the Soul was not covered in the class action law suite but it has the same engine in that the other models have but yet the FUCKERS want help at all. Kia cars are a piece of **!
Sludge? Lack of oil changes?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I love these one post wonders. Come in here all hot, drop a turd and never to be heard from again. If Kia found the engine sludged up, that’s from lack of maintenance and not getting regular oil changes. Kia is not responsible for that.

(Edited- this was a reply to a now deleted post/user, and was not directed at the OP)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts