Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, first things first.

This is my new ride as of the 4th of July. Soul + 2.0 engine,Metal petals, Interior green led lighting(Nice but not green enough). Automatic transmission, factory spoiler and the Illuminated Soul logo on the open door frames and chrome accent heated mirrors. Generic bluetooth XM radio.

91b1694bbfc01a6b1c2b2dfa9da7eb4d.jpg

I want to tune the crap out of this thing and bling it up as well but don't want to eat too much of my mpg.

I am ASKING THE FORUM for INPUT. I think this will be a great experiment for all involved.
As I had mentioned I want YOU to help me build this.

For instance lets say I like a certain cold air intake from Weapon -R Weapon-R
I have done my homework and found that these guys report a good amount of boost and so on. Lets also say that YOU know of something with better ratings or learned from experience or from "sighted sources" that the cold air intake from "blah, blah" is better. Or you know of a place that has great interior lights that you can post a link to on this post, so on and so forth.

BTW I am naming the car UNCHAINED from my fav Van Halen song.

This is the look I am sort of going for but with my black soul and I plan on adding a Bull "Push" bar to the front. And will have side running boards all of this has yet to be determined make, look and so on.

Kia Soul1.jpg

I am looking FWD to your feedback.

If anyone knows what kind of tires are on this white soul please let me know. kia-soul-white.jpg

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Nice black Soul!
On the CAI,don't get excited over this.
The "boost" if any will be minimal.Do not
believe the marketing ploys of huge hp
increases.In addition,the intake will do little
in helping your mpg.In fact,you will more than likely
loose mpg due to cowboying your ride because you have
the CAI.It may not look as sexy but dropping in a K&N in
the stock air box will give the same results at a much lower cost.
Want more power?Keep your tires inflated to specs or a bit beyond.
Lighten the load.Don't haul around useless junk in you Soul.
If budget is there,swap for some light weight wheels(18's).Enkei
makes good ones at a reasonable price.I believe the white Soul you
featured(tires)is a Euro model.It has neat black trim on lower sides
and over the wheel arches.Makes the tires look bulkier.I think the trim is available for
your Soul.But on a black Soul...would not see it.If you want a more aggressive
wheel&tire look,purchase a new set with proper offsets to give you a flush look.
All it takes is money!

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,100 Posts
^^^^^Rick is correct......that's a prototype if I'm not mistaken. :)

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
careful you don't void your 10 yr/100k powertrain warranty when you go "to tune the crap out of this thing" - unless of course it doesn't matter to you.

The white Soul is strictly a concept vehicle that was at auto shows back in 2007 long before the production Soul became available.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
There really is not a heck of a lot to tune with really .... SSD is the only one who builds an intake and Exhaust for the 2014s . And you are just talking minimal bump in power with doing that , more for sound than anything . Been there , done that .

Not to be a downer , but that's just the reality .

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
There really is not a heck of a lot to tune with really .... SSD is the only one who builds an intake and Exhaust for the 2014s . And you are just talking minimal bump in power with doing that , more for sound than anything . Been there , done that .
Not to be a downer , but that's just the reality .
It IS a real downer, when we who used to tune the heck out of our big V8's, can hardly even touch our Souls without voiding our warranties.

I've only done a couple of 'Little' things to improve performace on my 1.6L, 4cyl, DOHC, DFI, VVT, High Performance Engine. It's the closest thing to a race engine that I've ever owned. For everything I've wanted to do, I've always run it by my Kia Service Manager first. Like the K&N Engine Air Cleaner, that did improve my performance and my MPG.

The next thing I did I also got approval for, before I did it. It's in this video. But it's something I've been doing for the past 14 years, on four cars now, and it always works to keep my engine running smooth and cool. It even saved the engine on my Suzuki Forenza, when I lost all my oil on I-75 one night, at about 80 mpg. I drove another 15 miles to a service center where I not a new oil filter and another full charge of oil and there was NO damage to my engine.

Animation Testimonials - YouTube

Cheers mates!
TM :cool:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I told my salesman and the dealer on deck ho much this thing would be modified but they want to see it told me to come back. Was fishing on them 3 Fridays in a row.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you only live once

I have had the v-8 Chev the v-8clevleand 351 in a 1974 mustang cut the firewalls to fit it in from a inline 4 hit first gear torque that unibody frame like its outaline 6 inches up runnin off the line. Used to run the top of Massilon Ohio all the time catching titles sleeper looking on the line.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 2013 soul+. Has ssd rails with a custom built rack. Off road lights on rack bar. Two off road lights on a carr light bar. Momo Screenshot_2014-07-31-18-30-35.jpg winter wheels with cooper tires. I have always been a 4 wheeler kind of girl. Had to get rid of my pickup so I thought I would dress up my little soul. Screenshot_2014-07-31-13-44-14.jpg
Screenshot_2014-07-31-13-43-55.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts