Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kia have announced (according to autoexpress!!!), that the next Kia Soul will have a four wheel drive option and will spin a 2 seater MX5 rival off the same platform.

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thought you hill dwelling folk would be interested in a 4x4 version!.....

·
Registered
329 Posts
From what I read about the all-wheel drive Soul, it is speculation at this point. Did you read somewhere that this is official info?

Here is what I read:

Kia is also reportedly working on a small, all-wheel-drive vehicle to slot below the Sportage. The Soul is due for a revamp within the next two years, so it makes sense that the funky hatchback could get all-wheel drive as part of its overhaul.

Rumormill: Kia planning Mazda MX-5 fighter, all-wheel-drive Soul — Autoblog

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From what I read about the all-wheel drive Soul, it is speculation at this point. Did you read somewhere that this is official info?

Here is what I read:

Kia is also reportedly working on a small, all-wheel-drive vehicle to slot below the Sportage. The Soul is due for a revamp within the next two years, so it makes sense that the funky hatchback could get all-wheel drive as part of its overhaul.

Rumormill: Kia planning Mazda MX-5 fighter, all-wheel-drive Soul — Autoblog
it seems like Autoexpress quoted from your source and turned it official..... typical Autoexpress!!!.....

·
Registered
329 Posts
It will be cool though if they really develop/improve upon the Soul with an AWD drive option, give it the 6-spd transmission, add other upgrades, etc. If they make the Soul a little more well-rounded in its driving dynamics, better MPG, a bit better interior etc. it could really be a car to be reckoned with...all us will be wishing we had a newer one though.

The Soul's design does seem like it would be a great fit with AWD and would probably capture the AWD shopping crowd pretty well.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Kia have announced (according to autoexpress!!!), that the next Kia Soul will have a four wheel drive option and will spin a 2 seater MX5 rival off the same platform.
KIA can possibly make a Miata fighter using Genesis coupe platform but this will be too large/expensive. I have owned and loved both NA/NB Miatas and many have tried with FWD and RWD format but nothing came close except for MR-2 which was discontinued. Miata will be one vehicle that will be near impossible to "beat" with current followers [hardcore]. Miata like some VW and some Jeep models have cult like followers and these will always be around and be challenged my other manufacturals but never be dethrone as "king of the hill".

Soul 4x4/AWD version will be neat and probably can sell in limited #s. will you pay $2000-$4000 premium for a Soul with MPG equalling small CUV? Pricing will be important but to keep cost down, KIA will have to use parts from parts bin instead of the latest engine/trans/Drive system. We complain about our current engine and 4speed being "old" tech.

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Ok Marc......a challenge. Show me that wide-body Red Soul with way lowered suspension and wide low-profile tires....a real street-racer. I bet it would look way cool.

Martin & Thelma.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
fernando, you're swift.

Do you not think they didn't know it was photoshopped?
Come on.... Give people credit. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Everyone knows that 99% of my photos are Photoshopped. You have to be a newbie not to know.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Kia has a chance to take all other manufacters out

Drop a 1.6 diesel in some of there cars and taller gearing maybe 6speeds. If they made a base version and kept price same Id have one or 2 in garage. 50mpg soul would be rocking!

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Drop a 1.6 diesel in some of there cars and taller gearing maybe 6speeds. If they made a base version and kept price same Id have one or 2 in garage. 50mpg soul would be rocking!
the standard diesel is high enough geared already with just 5 gears...... 2400 at 70 mph..

·
Banned
1,576 Posts
fernando, you're swift.

Do you not think they didn't know it was photoshopped?
Come on.... Give people credit. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Everyone knows that 99% of my photos are Photoshopped. You have to be a newbie not to know.
So check your legs already - the right one is considerably longer - I've been pulling it for awhile now -

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
That's not my right leg you've been pulling fernando. My wife sends you her many thanks ;)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts