Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a call from my dealership about two recalls on my Soul. NHTSA doesn't report any recalls. WTF? I asked why this is not reported as a recall and they told me that it was just a computer update. Okay, then why call it a recall and not just a computer upgraded??? Also, if any of you own a 2020 Soul, check your manual key entry (popping off the plastic device covering the keyhole), I'll bet it doesn't work. Taking this thing back to the dealership with a bunch of questions.

·
Registered
346 Posts
There is a big difference between recalls and service actions or service campaigns. Your car probably does not have a recall on it or you would get a letter from Kia.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,445 Posts
I got a call from my dealership about two recalls on my Soul. NHTSA doesn't report any recalls. WTF? I asked why this is not reported as a recall and they told me that it was just a computer update. Okay, then why call it a recall and not just a computer upgraded??? Also, if any of you own a 2020 Soul, check your manual key entry (popping off the plastic device covering the keyhole), I'll bet it doesn't work. Taking this thing back to the dealership with a bunch of questions.
Hi John, have you opened your Kia Owners Online Acct? The Owners site will list your vehicle specific Recalls as well as other information about your car. You can also schedule appointments and review service requirements.

Kia Owners Portal

Reactions: eGAK009

·
Registered
517 Posts
In Canada 🇨🇦 I got my "Recall" letter for my 2014 a week ago. The envelope says Safety Recall, but the letter says Product Improvement Campaign?? A VIN search on the Kia Canada Recalls page yields no results yet. 🤔🤪

1 - 5 of 5 Posts